Weird choices for a song(s) in Rock Band (not DLC or Custom)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 377 posts

Posted April 17, 2019 - 08:18 PM

This will be one of my last opinion type lists for a while, I feel like I do these too frequently & although a lot of you guys add to the debates, I do think it might get alittle annoying seeing too many of these on one forum from the same person.

Anyway,
What do you guys think was a weird choice for a song or songs in a rock band game?

My main one has to be
Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld from RB1. Just so out of left field & I get it because later on they released Eric Cartmans Poker Face cover (surprised they never released a chart of Stans dad Randy singing Carry on My Wayward Son 😂) to me that was honestly the weirdest song on any RB game.

#2 Side One Charts

Side One Charts
  • 27 posts

Posted April 17, 2019 - 09:22 PM

Visions Is without a doubt is the wierdest song in the Rock Band disc song series both audibly and playable.
Because Side Two Is Too Scrachy and Poppy To Play

#3 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 138 posts

Posted April 17, 2019 - 10:12 PM

My main one has to be
Timmy & the Lords of the Underworld from RB1. Just so out of left field & I get it because later on they released Eric Cartmans Poker Face cover (surprised they never released a chart of Stans dad Randy singing Carry on My Wayward Son ) to me that was honestly the weirdest song on any RB game.

That one's not as weird. Harmonix was owned by Viacom then, who also owns Comedy Central, so I imagine it was pushed on them as a form of promotion between subsidiaries. 

#4 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 840 posts

Posted April 17, 2019 - 10:13 PM

"Visions" is kinda-sorta understandable.  Harmonix needed a song that was a nightmare to play on all instruments, and they were still mixing local bands and HMX-employee bands in with better-known artists for the on-disc set-list.  "Visions" fit both criteria.  Plus, the song isn't that unusual sound-wise.  There are lots of Cookie-Monster-fronted metal bands out there, even if not many of them are fronted by a woman.

My votes go to the Spongebob Squarepants songs.  I would have enjoyed seeing those songs serve as a springboard for getting other cartoon and kids' songs into the game, but when that didn't happen, those songs ended up in a very small class by themselves.

#5 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,524 posts

Posted April 18, 2019 - 01:07 AM

It's fun seeing your posts Life! Always interesting new topics to bring up to the community. :)

My votes go to the Spongebob Squarepants songs.  I would have enjoyed seeing those songs serve as a springboard for getting other cartoon and kids' songs into the game, but when that didn't happen, those songs ended up in a very small class by themselves.

I forgot those even existed. I'm inclined to agree but I think my vote would have to go to Snoop Dogg. Not that I'm one of those "Ugh it's Rock Band not Rap Band" but it just seems like such a weird left-field release for them, considering there's not a ton of rap otherwise.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#6 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 377 posts

Posted April 18, 2019 - 01:17 AM

It's fun seeing your posts Life! Always interesting new topics to bring up to the community. :)

I forgot those even existed. I'm inclined to agree but I think my vote would have to go to Snoop Dogg. Not that I'm one of those "Ugh it's Rock Band not Rap Band" but it just seems like such a weird left-field release for them, considering there's not a ton of rap otherwise.

Thanks man! I just hate being that guy who constantly bombards the forums, thank you for the encouragement though!

I agree, Rap on Rock Band just feels weird, same with techno & electronic, especially on drums. I cant tell you how many times Ive tried to play an unplayable electronic drum beat.

#7 chaosjaye

chaosjaye
  • 125 posts

Posted April 18, 2019 - 02:48 AM

the only thing i can say about the spongbob songs is i get why at the time...2007 etc spongbobs peek time..rbs always been family oriented best way to get kids involved and play...good ol spongy. visions if i remember was a band that was a hamonix employee  song push..while wierd also explainable. 

for me it was high tides green grass...more the diffucultly rating attached too it..was not that hard a song.

#8 akaisenshi

akaisenshi
  • 181 posts

Posted April 18, 2019 - 04:59 PM

I personally thought the Rock Band Network Megamix 01 was strange...

#9 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 377 posts

Posted April 18, 2019 - 08:02 PM

I personally thought the Rock Band Network Megamix 01 was strange...

It wasnt just strange, it was also a mix of songs that didnt fit each other 😂. I tried so hard to like it but the boring songs mixed with the fun songs made it just so impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users