My authoring template, for anyone who may be interested

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FUGGNUTZ

FUGGNUTZ
  • 110 posts

Posted February 28, 2019 - 04:55 AM

Since the default C3 template has a lot of issues with it that may not be immediately noticeable to new charters, I decided to upload my version of the template to help newer people get the hang of things more easily.

Download

Issues fixed include:

- Master audio not set at 0
- No 2x Drums track
- No Pro Guitar/Bass 22-fret tracks
- HARM MIDI items not named properly in REAPER
- EVENTS track contains practice sections
- VENUE track contains a lighting event

- Remove all extra notes, including lower difficulties

This template also includes my settings for ReaPitch, bassmanager, MSED (32-bit version), and StereoField that I use when charting. I recommend you try using them too. The only caveat is that you'll have to fix the color maps yourself. To do this, start from a fresh template. Right-click on the MIDI take tab when the MIDI take is open, then navigate to View > Color notes by > Load color map from file... then navigate to your REAPER install > Data > color_maps and select the appropriate color map for each track. When you're done, navigate to File > Project templates > Save project as template... and save over your C3 template. I use the Guitar/Bass color map on my PART KEYS track since it's 5-lane in-game. The RBN tools don't include a color map for Pro Guitar/Bass, but that can be found here. My template also includes a proper setup for Venuegen. Hope you get some use out of this.

#2 zimbabwean

zimbabwean
  • 136 posts

Posted March 1, 2019 - 09:19 AM

I haven't started charting yet, but the urge to give something back is growing, so things like this can only help. Thank you

#3 doa

doa
  • 235 posts

Posted March 2, 2019 - 05:51 PM

I'll take a look at this one, thanks! :)

#4 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,589 posts

Posted March 3, 2019 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for tweaking the original template.  I'll have to give this a try.

#5 FUGGNUTZ

FUGGNUTZ
  • 110 posts

Posted May 13, 2019 - 03:48 AM

This template has been updated. Fixes include the count-in samples all being reset to their default volume, and the addition of a meter to the MASTER track to assist in audio equalization. Download link is in the original post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users