I want to chart songs.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 my nans a cheese grater

my nans a cheese grater
  • 7 posts

Posted January 5, 2019 - 12:43 PM

How can I make drum charts for rock band on a mac?

#2 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 565 posts

Posted January 5, 2019 - 04:28 PM

Hi there!

The pinned topics in the Authoring Tools, Support & Advice forum have everything to get you started, from docs to tutorials to tools, even for Mac. Please be sure to gather and read everything carefully and thoroughly.

#3 VreyIsGrey

VreyIsGrey
  • 201 posts

Posted January 8, 2019 - 08:18 PM

RBN2 Preview doesn't work on Mac, unfortunately, so you have to be extra careful when authoring Pro Drums. CAT also doesn't work. Not that I have a Mac. I use Windows.

join the space_woosh fanclub
"Vrey's Custom Spreadsheet" - Spreadsheet containing every song I've put out on the database!
"Vrey's WIP Spreadsheet" - Spreadsheet full of every song I'm working on, so you know when I've started!

#4 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,454 posts

Posted January 9, 2019 - 08:21 PM

RBN2 Preview doesn't work on Mac, unfortunately, so you have to be extra careful when authoring Pro Drums. CAT also doesn't work. Not that I have a Mac. I use Windows.

Technically CAT works, it's the GUI that doesn't, because Tkinter doesn't work in Reaper on a Mac. But yeah, not the easiest way to use it.

#5 my nans a cheese grater

my nans a cheese grater
  • 7 posts

Posted January 15, 2019 - 12:40 AM

I can chart songs now! it works because I downloaded all of the files and I got a free DRUM PLUGIN but the VST RBN preview screen is like blue and its kinda annoying but it still works

#6 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 292 posts

Posted January 15, 2019 - 12:25 PM

The RBN preview is nice but isn't essential anyway. Mostly a good way to review the chart when you're done, and to find those places when you slightly misplaced the pro drum note so it counts as a cymbal.

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Spotify Playlist of all my releases

Notable Projects:

The National Homecoming Festival! Huge project featuring LOADS of tracks from the National, plus a bunch of openers!

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users