C3 Forums

grubextrapolate's WIPs/TODO (Updated 12/30)

Hey gang! Until now (Dec 2018) I've just contributed to other people's customs, but it's time to start a WIP thread with a few I've got on the go, and the wishlist beyond... I've tried to search for most of these previously, so yell if you see something already in progress that I've missed, or if you'd like to help out somewhere!

I've also created a Spotify Playlist with all my works in progress, wishlist and beyond songs if you'd like an easy way to hear something you don't recognize below (and to make it easy for me to tag things to revisit later).

In Progress: (T = tempo mapped, D/G/B/K = drum/guitar/bass/keys, V = solo vocals, H = harmonies)

Sound City Players - Mantra (T)

Cloudkicker - Let Yourself Be Huge (T)

Failure - Stuck On You (T/D/B)

Failure - Another Space Song (T)

Noah Gundersen - Family (T)

Mark Morton / Chester Bennington - Cross Off

TODO (stuff I'm planning to chart but probably haven't started yet, and might not get to for a while):

Failure - The Nurse Who Loved Me

Failure - Daylight

Puscifer - Momma Sed (live from What Is...)

Puscifer - Rev 20:20 (live from What Is...)

Ministry - Lay Lady Lay

Ben Howard - Oats In The Water

Big Wreck - Ghosts

Deftones - If Only Tonight We Could Sleep

The Cure - Plastic Passion

The Cure - Subway Song

The Cure - From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea

... and everything else by The Cure...

I swear, the bonus songs off Weezer's Red album are the best. Miss Sweeney and King are the best songs on that album (with the remix of Automatic being better than the LP version). Happy to see King on this list; not even a River's sung song, so good to see Scott let go vocally on this one.

If you wanna start something, know one thing: I'm king

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

tied for my #1 all time favourite album... little lower on the priority list, but i definitely want to see it completed eventually.

Completing the rest of the Disintegration-album that celebrates the 30th anniversary in Sidney in May this year would be a dream come true and I totally agree it's in the always top 10 of the best albums overall.

So please push your work to this album asap.

Thanks for doin' this for the community!

Completing the rest of the Disintegration-album that celebrates the 30th anniversary in Sidney in May this year would be a dream come true and I totally agree it's in the always top 10 of the best albums overall.

So please push your work to this album asap.

Thanks for doin' this for the community!

damn, now if i'd realized that a month ago, we might have had a chance... less than a month of runway for 6 more tracks could be dicey, especially with other projects on the go... I'll see what I can do. should be able to at least get us a little closer to full album.

had a bit of a facepalm moment last weekend when i realized i'd missed an opportunity to release something for their RNRHOF induction. At a minimum, I'll put out some Cure in 2019 to celebrate both milestones.

Sounds good!

Beside full Joshua Tree album this would be the most wanted full album for RockBand on my list.

If it doesn't matter to you why not starting with the first song Plainsong of the album?

Thanks for your work - I'll appreciate it and I think a lot other in this forum as well!

• 3 weeks later...

alright, i'm gonna lay down some good news / bad news for anyone who might have been wishing for this to appear next week. the bad news first: this album will not be completed next week, and i'm not even gonna rush to get one out. I would have been a real grind and i wouldn't have been able to complete it with the sort of quality I'd want to see. it would have meant an extreme rush and leaving out things like keys to meet the timeline. there's so many layers to these songs, and they're quite keys-heavy too, so anything other than full band just wouldn't do them justice.

now the good news: I have a co-conspirator to get the album done, and we're committed to getting it done this year - just later in the year when we both have fewer things in the works and can dedicate the time to do it right. We're probably also going to revisit my Catch release to make it even better, and possibly find another few tracks... but no guarantees on that yet. so yeah, celebrating the 30th year of Disintegration will definitely happen before the year is up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

First I want to thank a lot for completing the whole Disintegration album by Cure - it's a dream to have it all in RockBand now.

I really appreciate it!

happy to hear you're enjoying it! I need to get back into the swing of charting and dig into more of their catalog...

Are there any plans on completing Joshua Tree by U2 this year? :derp:

haha, sorry, but considering my deep and thorough dislike of all things U2, you can rest assured that I will have no part in completing Joshua Tree. probably a good idea to see who's done other stuff from the album and try to talk them into it, or download reaper and give it a shot! :)

haha, sorry, but considering my deep and thorough dislike of all things U2, you can rest assured that I will have no part in completing Joshua Tree. probably a good idea to see who's done other stuff from the album and try to talk them into it, or download reaper and give it a shot! :)

Bummer, man. I had a ton of unknown, obscure, avant-garde indie albums was going to ask you if you would chart because I have no reason to think you like them but why not!?