Venue Camera Stuck

Venue Camera Stuck

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 InevitablEnd

InevitablEnd
  • 32 posts

Posted October 9, 2018 - 04:49 PM

I ran into an annoying bug where the venue camera seems to be stuck back in the crowd for the entire song, as seen here:

Usually I manually put the Practice Sessions in the Events track and let Magma's Autogeneration do it's thing, but this time it didn't seem to work. I even opened up the compiled midi and the Venue stuff seems to be there, but the camera still doesn't seem to do anything. I thought it may be since I have 3 Harmonies and only Drums/Keys, so I added in a small Guitar/Bass track for testing, but it still does it. I then thought it was the transitions of [play], [intense], and [mellow] in Vocals/Harmonies, which I haven't used before, but the camera is still stuck even after I removed them. Any thoughts?

#2 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 537 posts

Posted October 9, 2018 - 05:31 PM

It's a little iffy, but from what I'm gathering, what you've provided in the video may only be happening on the Wii version of Rock Band 3 because of a keys venue issue. You might have to use MiloMod and create a patched venue.

This may not be a problem on the other platform versions, though. I can't confirm this as I'm not available to playtest your custom on Xbox 360.

Right and right, left and left, spin and turn, and a great big smile.

#3 InevitablEnd

InevitablEnd
  • 32 posts

Posted October 9, 2018 - 06:36 PM

Sounds good. I was actually trying to find that tool, but didn't know what it was called, so thanks for the link. I'll probably try it on my Xbox later when I have time too.

Edit: Used Milo to make the Drummer the singers instead of the Guitar/Bassist, but the Wii version still doesn't seem to do anything with the camera.

Edited by InevitablEnd, October 9, 2018 - 07:03 PM.

#4 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 622 posts

Posted October 9, 2018 - 08:25 PM

When you convert CONs for the Wii using C3CONTools, UNCHECK under options "Convert venue during song conversion." Then convert as usual and drag the meta folder into MiloMod's window. Convert the Milo, then install as usual. This'll enable venues to work properly when a keyboardist is present. It's a godsend, and I've redownloaded and converted nearly all of my library using MiloMod in the past months.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#5 InevitablEnd

InevitablEnd
  • 32 posts

Posted October 9, 2018 - 09:05 PM

Sweet, that works, thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Venue, Camera, Stuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users