• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,411 posts

Posted September 9, 2018 - 02:05 PM

As you probably all know by now, we are migrating to the new database, and this will cause some prolonged outages. The move, which is very delicate and complex, will require 5 steps:

1. Shutting down the current database and C3U authors access

During this phase, authors will not be able to upload new content and will not be able to access the C3U Dashboard and related pages. Players will not be able to access the database but they will be able to download content from the current links if hosted on C3U. Obviously any content hosted outside C3U will not be affected.

2. Migrate all content to the new infrastructure

We need to move all data currently hosted on the old infrastructure to the new one, converting all data to the new format. Everything from step 1 still applies. We can't allow access again until we have verified that all data has been properly imported.

3. Open up the new DB in read-only format

Once migration is done, the new DB will be accessible to anyone but only to browse, not to add any content. During this phase we need authors to do a thorough check of their content. Everything from step 1 except database browsing still applies.

4. Move C3U Dashboard to the new framework

Before we can once again allow uploads we need to move C3U to the new framework. Everything from step 1 except database browsing still applies.

5. Go back to full access

Once everything works as expected we can allow once again uploading, C3U access, etc.

Step 1 will begin in 1 to 7 days, meaning it can start from today up to next Saturday. We can't say how many days of restricted access we're gonna have: the more we get help identifying issues in step 3, the sooner we can open access.

After all of this is done, the new DB will still have some limitations in terms of options and functions that we will remove during the following weeks.

Thank you for your patience and see you all on the other side of the DB!

#2 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 336 posts

Posted September 9, 2018 - 04:41 PM

franchise-review-the-airport-airplane-mo

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#3 doa

doa
  • 192 posts

Posted September 9, 2018 - 05:14 PM

Hope that this goes smoothly for you, sounds like quite a feat!

#4 imac007

imac007
  • 90 posts

Posted September 9, 2018 - 08:38 PM

Hope all goes well....

Will this mean the return of the wii version links(from the legacy database)  that seem to have disappeared?

#5 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,575 posts

Posted September 10, 2018 - 04:12 AM

Thanks for the announcement of the database going down.  That database contains some of the most fun you can have in music video games today.  Best of luck on the migration.

#6 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 919 posts

Posted September 10, 2018 - 10:13 PM

Fingers crossed :)  Best of luck on the big migration

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#7 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,846 posts

Posted September 10, 2018 - 11:17 PM

thank you for thinking of metal month and getting this done before hand  :D  :rock:

#8 T3HM3T4L

T3HM3T4L
  • 70 posts

Posted September 11, 2018 - 06:02 PM

My local roadworks aren't even this properly outlined. :v:

#9 Duknine2

Duknine2
  • 70 posts

Posted September 12, 2018 - 06:05 PM

I hope things get better as soon as possible.

Bolsonaro2018

#10 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,379 posts

Posted September 12, 2018 - 09:00 PM

I know I've said this a lot but I think it's very important to reiterate. Thank you very much for all this work that you've put into the new DB. Between your regular job and home life I can't imagine the amount of time and resources you've been managing to make it all work. I know this has taken a lot of effort and I cannot express how much I appreciate all you've done to not only keep supporting C3, but to continue upgrading and improving an already great resource for customs.

Again thank you for all your work and for keeping customs alive!

Also thanks to all of those who have helped test the new DB. The time you guys have taken to make sure the bugs are ironed out is also much appreciated.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#11 ghostbyob

ghostbyob
  • 493 posts

Posted September 13, 2018 - 05:37 AM

The dedication and the passion to bring a better place to work and share is awesome, you're one of the best admin that I've met.
Thank you a lot for all you do for us!

Posted Image

#12 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,411 posts

Posted September 14, 2018 - 10:00 AM

Thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it. An update will be up soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users