ekit drummers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 46 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 01:27 AM

Hey I was wondering if there was a good amount of ekit players playing customs.

Also I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on foot speed. Kind of embarrassing maybe I've slowed down with age. But I can't seem to hit various patterns quick enough. Like i'm always just behind it or just too sloppy all together. Perhaps it's not coming across as natural as it should be following notes etc.

With a plastic pedal I fair a bit better seeing as the action to hit the note is smaller. Should I be doing something with my pedal springs? Or be playing heel toe?

Thanks

#2 doa

doa
  • 180 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 02:55 AM

+1 e-kit player, but not good enough to help you alas! 

#3 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 753 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 03:30 AM

Also +1 e-kit player. Heel toe is the technique I use for busy, quick patterns.

#4 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 325 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 04:36 AM

All depends on where your comfort lies with the pedal. I have a very loose spring on mine and can hit triples without a double bass (not for extended periods mind you). I have seen some killer speed demons with the heel toe technique, but I actually don't use it (too rough on my front leg muscle). My foot is propped up above the pedal and I tap it like you would be tapping your foot to the beat.

But alas, you will slow with age; which means you just got to play more to increase endurance and not tire out, which will make drum playing very sloppy on fast songs.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#5 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 46 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 03:59 PM

Thanka guys. I thought about losening the pedal. Thoufh it should work with roxk band i dont think it does much for stamina for regular drumming. I saw a video about having rhe pedals spring back ans a loose speing would achieve the opposite. I think it was the slayer drummer.

I think part of it is not knowing the pattern. Im not that old

#6 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 46 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 04:08 PM

Perhaps i need a new pedal? With better or closer action? I have the older pearl eliminator pedal with white cams. I tried blue for speed...

#7 Alternity

Alternity
  • 815 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 10:49 PM

Best pedals are chain driven pedals for sure, they have good rebound. On my current kit I don't even have to do heel/toe to make fast double hits, the chain just rebounds very effectively.

#8 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 46 posts

Posted August 22, 2018 - 11:36 PM

Best pedals are chain driven pedals for sure, they have good rebound. On my current kit I don't even have to do heel/toe to make fast double hits, the chain just rebounds very effectively.

really i thought direct drive was best for that or strap? i have a strap pedal...

i think i fixed thing some. changed tension on spring and actually change the angle of the beaters. i think there were rebounding too far back

#9 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 46 posts

Posted August 23, 2018 - 06:38 PM

Off topic but does anyone use ahead aluminum sticks? do they absorb shock and vibration from ekits ? anyone have experience

#10 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 46 posts

Posted September 6, 2018 - 01:47 AM

anyone use ahead stick? or anti vibe sticks?

#11 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 46 posts

Posted September 28, 2018 - 06:21 PM

bump

anyone use zildjan anti vibe sticks or ahead sticks?

#12 Alternity

Alternity
  • 815 posts

Posted September 28, 2018 - 07:08 PM

Bumping a topic that was pretty much already on top is kinda useless.

#13 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 832 posts

Posted September 28, 2018 - 08:28 PM

Also I think it's against the rules to bump threads

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users