C3 neXt generation: the power of the new database and the Scheduler is here!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,382 posts

Posted August 13, 2018 - 08:06 PM

Hey everybody! Last week we took a look at the new database we'll be debuting soon but we didn't go into details, so today we're gonna see why this is really a game changer. Plus, if you're an author, the Scheduler is here!

The power of C3db: filtering and sorting

The new database has some very powerful filtering options that you can configure so that they are always applied without having to re-configure them every time. As you can see from this screenshot you will be able to filter by almost anything, including instrument, source, vocals gender and reductions.

GLTQ59z.png

You can also simply choose multiple options like so

zDelqWd.png

Once you're done, your filtering options will be displayed to the side of the Configure button, so you always know that the songs you're seeing are filtered:

9lfi3BF.png

Metadata filtering

VYsPVGD.png

The configuration filters are not the only way to browse through the songs. Almost every metadata can be used to filter the database. Every text in blue you see in this screenshot is a link, which means that if you click on:

- Artist

- Genre

- Year

- Decade

you get to see only songs by that artist, of that genre, of that year, etc. You can also filter by author in the same way. And that's not all: you can click on difficulty dots to filter songs for that difficulty for that instrument!

Sorting

ErSrtne.png

On top of flitering you can sort the DB by any field, not only the ones pictured in the screenshot above: you can for example also sort by difficulty for every instrument.

Next Monday we'll take a look at how cool the Song page is!

Here comes the Scheduler!

C3X Authors, the one place to plan your releases is finally ready. It's choke full of options and it will make you want to contribute as much as possible to this project! In the next hours we will roll out this amazing new tool so you can start plan your way through our first Tour.

See you all next Monday!

#2 doa

doa
  • 180 posts

Posted August 13, 2018 - 09:31 PM

This looks great! Can't wait to see it all in action! :)

#3 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 133 posts

Posted August 13, 2018 - 11:04 PM

This is so cool! Looks like a lot of work went into this! Can't wait to use it!

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#4 seg45

seg45
  • 35 posts

Posted August 13, 2018 - 11:55 PM

Amazing. I can't wait!

#5 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 325 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 01:46 AM

This is so excellent. Thanks for putting so much work into this. Really appreciate it and it's amazing to watch it evolve before our very eyes.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#6 basty-jb-3

basty-jb-3
  • 1 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 02:25 AM

Hey I'm new on this website and all the Custom songs stuff... this looks amazing! I can notice all the work that you've done!! <3
Also I don't speak in english so sorry about it but I wanted to know if there will be available again the songs released in previous games (like RB1, LRB, RB2) and the songs that appear in RB4 ? (i'm a Wii player) Because when I try to download those songs it sends me to the official microsoft store website. 

Maybe there's another place to download them but i'm new here and i don't know where to find them.

THANKS!

#7 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,347 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 05:39 AM

Hey I'm new on this website and all the Custom songs stuff... this looks amazing! I can notice all the work that you've done!! <3
Also I don't speak in english so sorry about it but I wanted to know if there will be available again the songs released in previous games (like RB1, LRB, RB2) and the songs that appear in RB4 ? (i'm a Wii player) Because when I try to download those songs it sends me to the official microsoft store website. 

Maybe there's another place to download them but i'm new here and i don't know where to find them.

THANKS!

We appreciate the praise but:

1. This is not the appropriate topic to post questions related to customs. This topic is for C3X news only.

2. Read the rules of the board. Do not ask for official Rock Band content.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#8 T3HM3T4L

T3HM3T4L
  • 70 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 05:04 PM

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnice :smug:

#9 bostengaable

bostengaable
  • 260 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 07:11 PM

These new functions are a great update for all new and veterans players

The music genre, and instruments category is the most waited for me!

#10 mb1nightmare

mb1nightmare
  • 282 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 08:50 PM

Oh my... New database is real!!!!  :o

giphy.gif

2ZegEfo.png

#11 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 621 posts

Posted August 14, 2018 - 08:58 PM

Will the new database include entries for the recent DLC songs released by Harmonix that are missing? This would be helpful, and I'd donate my time to help make it comprehensive.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#12 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 192 posts

Posted August 16, 2018 - 01:03 PM

Just have to say, the scheduler is really awesome. And now that I see what lies in store... it's going to be absolutely, insanely awesome.

#13 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,382 posts

Posted August 16, 2018 - 05:46 PM

Will the new database include entries for the recent DLC songs released by Harmonix that are missing? This would be helpful, and I'd donate my time to help make it comprehensive.

We can have that too, yes.

#14 Dangus

Dangus
  • 373 posts

Posted August 18, 2018 - 06:14 PM

Looks fantastic! Cannot wait! :D 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users