podcast

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rcale

rcale
  • 386 posts

Posted August 9, 2018 - 10:30 AM

Threadwork.jpg?format=1000w

image.jpg?w=300&h=300

Hello all, I thought I'd post this up as it may be of some interest to the community given we're all here for music-related purposes. 

I've been podcasting for a few months now and my show, Threadwork is essentially a love letter to music of all types. The central concept is to try and work out what it is that links together all the music that I and the occasional guests I have on love. But it's also an excuse to play an eclectic selection of records and as someone who used to DJ regularly this is an extension of that desire to play what I deem to be great music to people.

Why am I posting this here? Because through C3 and the authors and players in this community I have been exposed to incredible music that I almost definitely would never have heard elsewhere. In this fortnight's episode alone (number 10) there are two tunes that came directly from C3 - Ween's 'Push Th' Little Daisies' and The Lemon Twigs' 'Baby, Baby'. There are more too in other episodes (I think) and there will definitely be others in the future. 

Each instalment is accompanied by episode notes which contain links to independent sources (Bandcamp, etc) so listeners can buy the music played (if I can find them) as well as a link to a Spotify playlist that contains the tracks in the episode that appear on Spotify at the time of compiling. The podcast files themselves are large as I use the maximum quality possible (most episodes are 320kbp mp3) but don't let that put you off.

Please feel free to listen, subscribe and share - there are a number of places to hear it and I'll post some links below. Perhaps your new favourite record is waiting to be discovered? Oh, and it's fine not to like everything that's played - there's always a different record to listen to afterwards.

Any feedback gratefully received. 

Cheers,

Ross

--

iTunes link

https://www.acast.com/threadwork

https://www.mixcloud.com/rosscale3/

http://www.threadwork.net

#2 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 865 posts

Posted August 9, 2018 - 08:57 PM

Thanks, I'll listen to this on my commute tomorrow!

MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

FORUM THREAD / WIP THREAD - Updated every Monday

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#3 rcale

rcale
  • 386 posts

Posted August 9, 2018 - 09:09 PM

Thanks, I'll listen to this on my commute tomorrow!

Oh cool! Thank you. Let me know what you think. :)

#4 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,776 posts

Posted August 9, 2018 - 09:09 PM

I've recently been getting into podcasts so I'm checking this out now. The fact that you mentioned one of my releases didn't hurt ;)

#5 rcale

rcale
  • 386 posts

Posted August 9, 2018 - 11:03 PM

I can't thank you enough for 'Baby, Baby'. It's unreal how good that song is. :)

#6 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 296 posts

Posted August 10, 2018 - 01:41 AM

neat! checking it out.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#7 rcale

rcale
  • 386 posts

Posted August 10, 2018 - 05:42 PM

neat! checking it out.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users