Windy & Ripply (Emerald Coast from SA1) WIP

WIP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kolorblind

Kolorblind
  • 11 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 02:49 AM

(im really sorry for the garbo video i dont know how else to record charts because i dont have a capture card, so i just recorded straight from Reaper, ill have to figure something out eventually)

im kinda new to chart making and this is the first time ive done a song without stems but its such a cool song

hearing the bass was hard but using some EQ shit i think i got it right, im awful with chords but i looked up the actual chords to the song for the keys chart and i think i got it right

a few silly things here and there i need to fix like a couple missing notes on keys but other than that yeah, any feedback would be super appreciated, thanks <3

#2 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 403 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 03:15 AM

I think this is a fine choice for a custom track! Its one of my favorite tracks from SA1 & from what I cant hear (& see) its a great chart, Im sure an expert charter will chime in but I for one love this chart.

#3 BattlePenguin

BattlePenguin
  • 165 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 05:08 AM

Looks cool, cant wait to play : ) I love Sonic Adventure (even have a few songs from it planned)

#4 Kolorblind

Kolorblind
  • 11 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 05:27 AM

thank you so much guys!! that really means a lot <3

#5 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 427 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 05:36 AM

Impressed! I think the bass has some missing notes where you have spaces where it sounds like it's transitioning from one bass note to the other, but in actuality, I believe there's a note in that gap so it becomes a triple. But without putting some settings on it myself, I wouldn't bet my life on it. All in all, great job, especially when just starting out. Wish I hit it that well out of the gate. =-)

Keep on chartin'!

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE

#6 Kolorblind

Kolorblind
  • 11 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 06:07 AM

Impressed! I think the bass has some missing notes where you have spaces where it sounds like it's transitioning from one bass note to the other, but in actuality, I believe there's a note in that gap so it becomes a triple. But without putting some settings on it myself, I wouldn't bet my life on it. All in all, great job, especially when just starting out. Wish I hit it that well out of the gate. =-)

Keep on chartin'!

Thank you so much!! Yeah I had a lot of trouble with the bass, I'll defiantly look over the chart again... I tried messing with an EQ to hear it better but I think I missed a lot of the higher notes, do you have any advice on settings or things I can do to make it easier to hear the bass?

#7 doa

doa
  • 252 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 06:25 AM

Looks good to me! There might be a couple of places where there is a guitar sustain where it sounds like the note is being picked more than once.

A tip for hearing bass that was passed on to me - try the Liteon/bassmanager plugin on your audio track to boost the bass a bit. Also you can try using ReaPitch to change the pitch of the song up an octave which can also make hearing the bass easier. 

Good work! :)

#8 Kolorblind

Kolorblind
  • 11 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 06:57 AM

Looks good to me! There might be a couple of places where there is a guitar sustain where it sounds like the note is being picked more than once.

A tip for hearing bass that was passed on to me - try the Liteon/bassmanager plugin on your audio track to boost the bass a bit. Also you can try using ReaPitch to change the pitch of the song up an octave which can also make hearing the bass easier. 

Good work! :)

Ohhh changing the octave is super clever, never thought of that.. I'll give it a shot!!

After watching the video over and over I think I know what you mean about the sustain notes, I'll go over and fix those tomorrow for sure, thank you!!

#9 akaisenshi

akaisenshi
  • 181 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 06:46 PM

The drum chart looks superb! :D I can't wait to play it!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users