One thread to rule them all.. (Request ALL your songs here!)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 DosParkers

DosParkers
  • 192 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 01:57 AM

In the spirit of how Harmonix does it's song requests,

I decided it would be cool to get everyone's requests into a single place and rank them.

Let me know what you think about this! Enjoy!

• C3 Song Request (Form)
    • You may request duplicate songs as many times as you like.  :dance:
    • Your request may be deleted if you fail to fill out all the fields properly.  :doh: 
    • Please only make requests you personally REALLY want.  :rock:
    • Do NOT request any song that Harmonix has ever officially released!!!  :argh: 
    • Do NOT request any song that is already FULL BAND available!!!  :crying: 
    • DO NOT DISCUSS PAYMENT OR ANY KIND OF REAL-MONEY TRANSACTION!!!  :brosius:
  • C3 Song Request (Results)
    • ​I am aware that the pie charts are a terrible choice but I wasn't able to get a sorted list to work. At the top of the list of requests beside each label, there are little triangles you may click on to sort and filter. You can also do Ctrl + F to search for anything.

#2 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 213 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 02:09 AM

Question, are you putting down every request you get? & are the artists going to be in a certain order (in case an artist gets more than one request)?

#3 DosParkers

DosParkers
  • 192 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 02:11 AM

Question, are you putting down every request you get? & are the artists going to be in a certain order (in case an artist gets more than one request)?

Yes and yes.

#4 EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon
  • 169 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 03:50 AM

This is a great idea and should completely replace the requests section in time.

#5 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 325 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 03:57 AM

This is great! Love this idea. But can we see how many UNIQUE people voted on a song? There's no indication of multiple votes in the results sheet. And would hate to see something popular that people wanted only to find it was one person voting 1,000 times.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#6 DosParkers

DosParkers
  • 192 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 05:03 AM

This is great! Love this idea. But can we see how many UNIQUE people voted on a song? There's no indication of multiple votes in the results sheet. And would hate to see something popular that people wanted only to find it was one person voting 1,000 times.

Added a requirement to submit your C3 Username. It's not full-proof but it should do the job.
I'd rather not bother with collecting email addresses or forcing users to sign in.
I want to keep it somewhat easy to submit so that it increases the data.

#7 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 213 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 05:06 AM

Added a requirement to submit your C3 Username. It's not full-proof but it should do the job.
I'd rather not bother with collecting email addresses or forcing users to sign in.
I want to keep it somewhat easy to submit so that it increases the data.

What are you going to do with the already submitted requests? cause I can definitely add my username lol

#8 DosParkers

DosParkers
  • 192 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 05:08 AM

What are you going to do with the already submitted requests? cause I can definitely add my username lol

I'll just erase them after awhile, so just resubmit any request that didn't have a username entered in it.

#9 Dangus

Dangus
  • 372 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 05:34 AM

I'll just erase them after awhile, so just resubmit any request that didn't have a username entered in it.

Yeah was about to suggest that,  i'll resubmit mine :) 

This is a really cool idea as long as it's not misused.

#10 Dangus

Dangus
  • 372 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 06:06 AM

It's not showing my request now.

I'm entering everything correctly too and no repeats.

It even thanks me for the submission but nothing comes up now on the requested page for my name.

#11 DosParkers

DosParkers
  • 192 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 06:09 AM

It's not showing my request now.

I'm entering everything correctly too and no repeats.

It even thanks me for the submission but nothing comes up now on the requested page for my name.

It was submitted. On the results sheet it was placed a bit farther down on the sheet with empty lines between.

#12 Dangus

Dangus
  • 372 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 06:30 AM

It was submitted. On the results sheet it was placed a bit farther down on the sheet with empty lines between.

Oh i see that now. Sorry about that LOL!

It submitted the one song twice :(

#13 Rocker1999

Rocker1999
  • 38 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 03:02 PM

I legitimately like this idea and I do hope it gets used.  I'll throw a few in myself because why not lol.

Also reminder to not request official content on that sheet and if some does get requested to have it removed from the request sheet as soon as possible.  We don't want this thread getting locked for a stupid reason like that, do we?

#14 T3HM3T4L

T3HM3T4L
  • 70 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 03:23 PM

I think this is a very good idea!

Can use some more refinements in the long run to make it easier on the eyes, I'm really interested in taking a look at some of the mid-high requests and "give them my vote" so to speak if they interest me.

Edit: those samjjones requests, BRUH :brosius:

#15 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted July 25, 2018 - 03:38 PM

I think this is a very good idea!

Can use some more refinements in the long run to make it easier on the eyes, I'm really interested in taking a look at some of the mid-high requests and "give them my vote" so to speak if they interest me.

Edit: those samjjones requests, BRUH :brosius:

Yeah, I'm transferring requests from my own thread into this new spreadsheet.

I think this is a fantastic idea, and thank OP for setting this up for us all to use.  I'm really curious to see what types of songs and artists float to the top after a bunch of people put in their requests.

#16 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 03:42 PM

Can you also pop in a bar graph by requested song title, in addition to total artist requests?

#17 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 04:48 PM

FYI, The Faces "Stay With Me" is already in the database.

http://customscreato...-with-me-r15978

#18 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 213 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 06:37 PM

FYI, The Faces "Stay With Me" is already in the database.

http://customscreato...-with-me-r15978

Thanks man! I could of sworn Ive searched it & found nothing, oh well, Happy happy joy joy!

#19 DosParkers

DosParkers
  • 192 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 08:50 PM

Can you also pop in a bar graph by requested song title, in addition to total artist requests?

I think the current graphs (located on the other tabs at the bottom of the page) are as good as it will get due to Google Spreadsheet limitations. The artists pie is already looking decent. The song title graph should look a lot better once more and more duplicate requests come in.

Thanks for supporting my idea!  :D

#20 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 10:51 PM

Gotcha.  Thanks much for putting this together.  It's a great idea.

And all of my songs have been added :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users