Let's go on Tour
After the big announcement last week so many questions still need an answer, so let's dive deeper into the Tour concept so both players and authors know what to expect...
- Every week is a date of a tour
- Every date is set in a specific real life venue (or made up venues from pop culture)
- Every venue can be selected also because of its tie to the actual release, so a small punk pack could be set in a historic London club and a big pack from a mainstream mega-artist could be set in a stadium. This means players and authors can also try to guess what's in the pack based on the venue
- Every tour lasts less than a year, and starts with a kickoff show and ends with a last show
- There will be at least a couple of weeks of space between tours
- Every tour is divided in legs, which we announce in advance as much as possible
- The way a tour is set up, as opposed to "weekly releases", means that:
- We don't NEED to have a day of the week, as much as concerts don't happen on a specific day. That means that if a holiday happens on a day of the week different than Friday, we can set a date for that day, while still keeping Friday as the base day
- Tour dates do get cancelled, so if a release is bumped, it can be easily replaced with a change venue
- Concerts don't happen once a week, so we can have 2 releases in one week or even special events like a weekend of releases over 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) like summer festivals
Special dates and much more...
Going on a Tour means fun, so expect some of this special events to be thrown in:
Concerts can have both a main act and an opening act, accounting for 2 different authors or group of authors. An opening act is not lesser then the main act but it's a less known group of songs
Genre festivals and nights are either planned by admins or coordinated by authors and feature multiple authors releasing songs with the same genre
Themed festivals and nights are either planned by admins or coordinated by authors and feature multiple authors releasing songs with the same theme (love, country, etc.) or decade (70s night, etc.)
Surprise guests are authors who only contribute 1/2 important songs and are not announced until the moment of release: oooh, exciting AND mysterious!
Festivals over multiple days
These are releases that span more than 1 day contributed by multiple authors
What authors are required to produce
Very similar to C3thon, here is what Rock Band 3 authors will be asked to deliver. More on other plaforms later on down the road...
See you next week with more information!