1. Woke up today and had the following issue with my xbox setup.
I have pro drums connected via the midi pro adapter. The problem is that hitting the pads no longer lets me navigate the RB3 menus - but I can play songs once I use the midi pro adapter to navigate to them. I've taken the following steps to try to address the problem:
- formatted both my jump drives and created new profiles
- unplugged and re-plugged midi cables
- unplugged and re-plugged usb midi adapter
- reset drum kit brain module
- cleared the cache on my xbox hard drive
- cleared the cached on my video preparer jump drive
When I try to navigate the menus using the drum kit I see an led flash on the brain module of the kit and on the midi pro adapter - also my player sign in on screen animates at the same time (pulses a color variation).
The next step on my list is to delete my Rock Band games from the xbox and reload them - but I would hope that there is another solution that I can try before I do that?
If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
2. Also having what looks like some kind of cache issue with Video Preparer. I'm loading a new video preparer file onto my jump drive but the new songs are not showing up. Instead I'm having to hunt through my song list for previous sets of songs that I have prepared with video preparer. When I delete these old songs (which no longer exist on the jump drive) the new set of songs is deleted from the jump drive. So I load the new songs again and repeat the process. I haven't gotten to the point where the new songs show up yet and don't know how many times I'll have to go through this process to actually record some videos …
But, I've spent the last few days getting Dolphin emulator setup and I'm at the point where I can actually test if my system is powerful enough to record videos at 720p. So I guess if that works I'll ditch recording from the xbox and just use Dolphin? I'd like the option of doing either though.
Please let me know if you can shed any light on these issues, any other troubleshooting I can perform?