Where are the high scores saved?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,418 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 06:38 AM

To be safe, I'd say all short names that appear in the DTA should be changed. That includes the first line in the file, the filename in the path, and the CON file and content names. That should be sure to avoid any conflicts. A cache reset would clean up any problems left behind. Or are there certain scores you'd like to keep?

#22 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 108 posts

Posted February 9, 2019 - 04:52 AM

To be safe, I'd say all short names that appear in the DTA should be changed. That includes the first line in the file, the filename in the path, and the CON file and content names. That should be sure to avoid any conflicts. A cache reset would clean up any problems left behind. Or are there certain scores you'd like to keep?

can you help me how to do this. i dragged the con file into con tools and i get the preview thing with the extract commend. i did this and renamed everything now i go to replace file for the components but they don't replace. it says file replaced successfully but nothing changed.

ok so that doesn't work but if you go to con creator you can drop all the components back in and do it that way.

only thing is the songs/xxxxx/xxxx but i renamed that in dta editor...still one song doesn't show up and the other has no audio

songs are you and me by lifehouse and attack attack

#23 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,418 posts

Posted February 9, 2019 - 05:22 AM

That doesn't sound right. If you just want to edit the DTA, drag it over the Quick DTA Edit button. Then you can just make changes to the DTA and it closes and resaves the CON file for you. You shouldn't need to do anything with the midi or mogg files for this.

#24 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 108 posts

Posted February 9, 2019 - 06:20 AM

That doesn't sound right. If you just want to edit the DTA, drag it over the Quick DTA Edit button. Then you can just make changes to the DTA and it closes and resaves the CON file for you. You shouldn't need to do anything with the midi or mogg files for this.

i did what you said in the previous post and it worked. I was saying when you drag the con file into con tools you can't just replace stuff like it says. i went to create con file readded things and deleted song cach and it worked. so now i know how to fix files that interfere with each other thanks a bunch!

#25 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 108 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 12:17 AM

so i'm curious if you package up a bunch of songs are they still cache free wipe proof? like inside the pack with their song id's. will they still save your scores and be wipe proof or no now because they are packed and have an n/a for song id.?

#26 Alternity

Alternity
  • 966 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 01:42 AM

packing songs together or having single files does not affect the cache at all, except for the build speed, I guess.

#27 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 108 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 02:24 AM

i was referring to the wipe proof files that have song id's that make them save the scores in the file instead of using the cache.

also is it best to put the cache on the usb stick with your song or leave the cache to the xbox harddrive?

#28 Alternity

Alternity
  • 966 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 03:34 AM

It's as simple as Numerical IDs saves to your savegame, and invalid IDs (non-numerical) don't.

As for the xbox cache I have no idea, I'm guessing this doesn't matter unless you have a TU4/TU5 setup with 2 USB sticks.

#29 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 108 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 04:07 AM

It's as simple as Numerical IDs saves to your savegame, and invalid IDs (non-numerical) don't.

As for the xbox cache I have no idea, I'm guessing this doesn't matter unless you have a TU4/TU5 setup with 2 USB sticks.

thanks i was just curious how the ids were treated packaged. all of my songs should have id's but packaged you get n/a for the pack file

#30 Alternity

Alternity
  • 966 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 04:18 AM

To make sure a song has a valid ID there's no more direct way than to directly open the DTA file.

#31 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 384 posts

Posted February 23, 2019 - 04:14 PM

thanks i was just curious how the ids were treated packaged. all of my songs should have id's but packaged you get n/a for the pack file

Indeed the pack itself doesn't have a song_id since it's not a song, but that doesn't cause any problems. All songs inside the pack with a proper numerical song_id will work as they did before.

#32 genaro227

genaro227
  • 74 posts

Posted March 31, 2019 - 09:16 PM

So using MAGMA to re-do song IDs would keep the songs scores wipe proof, but I'd need to edit the 'smallname' in the DTA if songs arent showing up?

#33 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 384 posts

Posted March 31, 2019 - 09:47 PM

So using MAGMA to re-do song IDs would keep the songs scores wipe proof, but I'd need to edit the 'smallname' in the DTA if songs arent showing up?

Deleting your song cache should do it, at the risk of losing some of your scores one last time, if you replace all non-wipe proof song ID's with proper numerical wipe-proof song ID'd at once.

Changing the smallname also requires repacking the song, such that the internal folder structure matches the new smallname. It's quite a lot of work and I would not recommend it. Magma can bulk replace song ID's. Delete your song cache afterwards and all should work.

#34 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 803 posts

Posted April 6, 2019 - 01:34 AM

To be clear, we're talking about using C3 CON Tools to change ID's, not Magma, correct?

#35 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 384 posts

Posted April 6, 2019 - 02:21 AM

For bulk replacing, Magma would be the way to go.

#36 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 108 posts

Posted April 11, 2019 - 01:24 AM

hey is there anyway to reference a new single that you downloaded against songs in a pack? i think i have a conflict again but how can i look at the id numbers or file names of singles that may be conflicting with songs in a pack?

#37 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 803 posts

Posted April 11, 2019 - 09:18 PM

You can use C3 CON Tools to look at the data (DTA) files of both packs and singles.  A pack will have a single DTA which contains all of the ID's for the song within the pack.

I'm not aware of any tool that takes a collection of singles and/or packs and shows if there are any conflicts, so eyeballing the DTA's may be your best bet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users