Chrome Throws Security Error When Trying to Download Charts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BPHusker

BPHusker
  • 9 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 02:52 AM

Chrome is throwing this error when I try to download charts.  Any ideas???
The site ahead contains harmful programs
Attackers on d.c3universe.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit). Learn more

When I click Learn More I get this:
Current status
warningThis site is unsafe

The site contains harmful content, including pages that:

• Install unwanted or malicious software on visitors’ computers

#2 The (insert name)

The (insert name)
  • 2 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 02:56 AM

Im having the same issue as well.

#3 VreyRB2

VreyRB2
  • 147 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 02:56 AM

Don't have a clue as to why, but I do know how to bypass it.

QSFitNA.gif

#4 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,284 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 05:25 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, Internet Explorer seems to be working for a temporary solution.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#5 T3HM3T4L

T3HM3T4L
  • 59 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 05:50 PM

Same for Firefox, but you can just click "Open" after the download and it'll allow the download.

#6 mason

mason
  • 1 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 09:07 PM

Been binging on some c3 downloads and ran into this issue today.

Appears to be a rule on *.storage.arubacloud.co.uk domains. C3 is using Aruba Cloud as their filehost. Likely being caused by some other malicious host on arubacloud's network.

The security block can be disabled in Firefox via:

Menu -> Options -> Privacy & Security tab -> uncheck 'Block dangerous and deceptive content'.

Then you should be able to download whatever you want without issues. I'd recommend re-enabling the option once you're finished your C3 download(s).

#7 kueller

kueller
  • 79 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 09:14 PM

Tried this on Firefox and it seems C3U was blacklisted from Google's safe browsing API. IE probably doesn't use that. Looking at Google's standards I'm guessing the auto-download of an extensionless binary file isn't demed trustworthy. Or someone uploaded malware to the site but I'd be doubtful given the vetting process to enter.

I allowed it as an exception and it seems to have whitelisted the site. Maybe that's enough, maybe others have different issues.

no

#8 GasparLewis

GasparLewis
  • 4 posts

Posted July 1, 2018 - 08:07 AM

You can bypass Chrome's warnings; if you click "Details" on the big red page, you can click through to "visit this site" and you'll reach the download page.

Of course, Chrome will then say the custom file itself is dangerous and try to stop you from downloading it, but if you open the Downloads tab (Ctrl-J) you can tell it to go ahead with the download.

But... yeah that's all pretty annoying, and more often than not Google's not too bad about blowing the whistle, and there's no way to whitelist C3 and keep the warnings on normally. There is, though, a means by which a site that's been marked can petition to no longer be flagged.

https://developers.g.../request_review

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users