Events track supposedly missing but it's not?

error events magma track missing

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 8 posts

Posted June 23, 2018 - 08:56 PM

Magma: C3 Roks Edition v3.3.2
=============================
Build started at 21:53
Bypassing Nemo's MIDI Validator based on your settings.
You can enable the MIDI Validator under Options -> ADVANCED SETTINGS

Loading MagmaCompilerC3.exe...
Reading the archive
Project Compiler: Reading project 'H:\Clone Hero\Songs\Centipede FOR RB3\centipede.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Track EVENTS required but not found
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Halting validation due to missing and/or extraneous MIDI tracks
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.

I have checked REAPER and the events track is perfectly lined up with the rest of the song. Confused. I've been trying at this for 2 hours now.

#2 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,841 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 01:32 AM

If Magma says it's missing, it's missing from your exported MIDI file. Double check.

#3 SynthStreaks

SynthStreaks
  • 132 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 11:06 AM

Chances are you probably muted the EVENTS track or might've removed the track name

#4 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 8 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 12:37 PM

I have checked. All tracks are unmuted. All tracks are named correctly. I just used the C3 RB3 Template

#5 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,841 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 01:59 PM

I can guarantee you that Magma is not missing a properly named and exported track. So either the name is not in the correct format or it's not being exported. Run the MIDI file through MIDI Analyzer in C3 CON Tools and post what it says.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

#6 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,350 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 02:49 PM

Make sure the MIDI you're compiling is actually the latest version you exported. Post your RPP project+Magma+MIDI if you can't find a solution and we'll take a look.

#7 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 8 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 03:37 PM

MIDI analyzer says there is no events track. In Reaper the track is just called EVENTS and is above VENUE and BEAT. Also my drum fills have disappeared for some reason.

#8 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 8 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 05:19 PM

I'm actually getting stressed over this. I have tried everything. The name is correct in reaper, everything is setup fine in magma, my midi is fine. WHAT IS WRONG!!!

#9 VreyRB2

VreyRB2
  • 147 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 05:21 PM

You see that marker at the very beginning of the "EVENTS" track? Make sure it's a "Track name" and not a "Text event" by clicking on it.

QSFitNA.gif

#10 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 8 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 05:21 PM

Explain?

The thing that says "music_start"?

#11 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 8 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 07:03 PM

i don't get it

#12 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 270 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 07:04 PM

No, the actual track. Should be EVENTS. If all you're seeing is music_start, then you indeed have the exact problem Magma is giving you. Ensure your events track has a track called EVENTS (just like every other track and it should be at 1.1.0) and it's a TRACK NAME and not a TRACK EVENT. Quicker if you just post your RPP and someone will surely take a looksee.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#13 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 8 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 07:09 PM

https://www.dropbox....tipede.zip?dl=0

Here's all of my project files.

#14 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 270 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 08:30 PM

Yup. You have no EVENTS track in there. And you're going to have other issues as your other events are not labeled properly (your music start, music end and end are not correctly labeled). My best advice is to use another events track from the template and copy it into this file so it will be properly structured.

It should look like below

29116355408_497e2f863a_z.jpg

Then, do NOT remove the events in that track. Just leave them for now until you can get it to compile right. Then you can remove the events that don't make sense to your song (should be only verses, choruses, etc.).

#15 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 270 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 08:38 PM

Just glancing at your other tracks, looks like you're going to have more Magma errors ahead. You have events in areas you shouldn't have anything, so that will throw an error. See my screenshot below on your drum track.

41178488680_6cf7172cfb_z.jpg

You'll notice there is a black dot next to "Bank/Program". The only ones that should have a dot next to them are Velocity and Text Events. All the rest should have no events in them (those markers at the bottom are events). Far will chime in and tell you to use CAT to clean those markers out, but I wanted you to understand what the automated program tool is doing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error, events, magma, track, missing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users