GH3 Les Paul strums when shook?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iammax

iammax
  • 631 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 02:09 PM

I got a Les Paul on amazon about a year and a half ago. It was basically perfect. I used it tons. However today, in the middle of a song, for no reason at all, it started double strumming, and I think the trigger for a double strum is being shook/the tilter being activated also causing a strum. I can go to the song menu and it goes down when I shake it; nothing even touches the strum bar. I had been using it for like an hour in the same session before this happened. I'm really worried about this, it's so hard to find Les Pauls without paying like $200 now... anyone have experience with this kind of issue/fixing it?

I've opened X-Plorers to swap parts before, but I only have one Les Paul.

#2 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 338 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 05:19 PM

The issues I've had with the World Tour controllers is the switches that trigger the strumming go bad pretty easily.  Once you replace them, they'll be good for a long time.  One of my guitars needed the switches replaced back in 2011 and it still works today.  Maybe that's the issue with yours.

#3 iammax

iammax
  • 631 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 08:13 PM

I don't think it's actually the strum bar. I think the problem is the tilt sensor somehow telling the guitar to strum, because that's what was happening yesterday.

The guitar has gotten even worse today; it still turns on and connects to the console (that adapter thing for RB4 on Xbone), but it won't do anything at all. The xbox button does nothing. I can't press start to join. I can't press the de-sync button to try to get it to sync to my 360 and see what it behaves like there. Nothing happens beyond it turning on and connecting.

I opened it up and looked inside but I dont really know what I'm looking for to fix...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users