Ranking Rock Band games.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 158 posts

Posted June 5, 2018 - 09:31 AM

I mean with songs like David Bowie Space Oddity, Warren Zevon Werewolf of London & who could forget John Lennon Imagine. Its heavily Keys oriented. But thats not a bad thing because its a gimmick, Pro Guitar, Bass & Drums. Although its more, lets say helpful to the experience of making you feel like youre actually playing instruments instead of plastic.

Space Oddity is not key-centric at all, it has 2 guitar solos ffs. If they wanted a keys Bowie song, they would have went with 'Life On Mars' or 'Changes'.

'Imagine' and 'Bohemian Rhapsody' are definitely key-centric songs, but they're both also huge and popular hits, while Bohemian Rhapsody is also there for the insane harmonies (not to mention most of Queen's other big songs were already released as DLC at this point).

#22 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,369 posts

Posted June 5, 2018 - 11:17 AM

I think it's safe to say the first Rock Band game with a keyboard had a setlist that focused mostly on songs that have keys...

#23 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 193 posts

Posted June 5, 2018 - 01:15 PM

I think it's safe to say the first Rock Band game with a keyboard had a setlist that focused mostly on songs that have keys...

Well of course haha. You could say that about all of them that added new features, like Rock Band 2 was very story mode driven, Lego Rock Band was very user friendly & for younger teens/kids & Green Day & Beatles were Harmonies centered for sure.

#24 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 193 posts

Posted June 5, 2018 - 01:17 PM

Space Oddity is not key-centric at all, it has 2 guitar solos ffs. If they wanted a keys Bowie song, they would have went with 'Life On Mars' or 'Changes'.

'Imagine' and 'Bohemian Rhapsody' are definitely key-centric songs, but they're both also huge and popular hits, while Bohemian Rhapsody is also there for the insane harmonies (not to mention most of Queen's other big songs were already released as DLC at this point).

Well it sucks that they didnt wait to add Queen until after the keys were added but aye it happens, Queen is very popular & they did add RB3 versions of songs to add Keys. Besides Im just saying in general they have many songs that were Keys oriented, or that didnt really have much to them besides Keys.

#25 PhantomBlade8

PhantomBlade8
  • 126 posts

Posted June 5, 2018 - 02:48 PM

In my opinion Harmonix has done very well choosing the songs for each game to cover a variety of opinions.

#26 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 193 posts

Posted June 5, 2018 - 04:12 PM

In my opinion Harmonix has done very well choosing the songs for each game to cover a variety of opinions.

Oh hell yeah they did! Guitar Hero did as well, but I believe they only did it better with World Tour, as the rest (besides Warriors of Rock (full band)) is the exception, Guitar Hero 5 wasnt bad, but Rock Band always destroyed Guitar Hero.

#27 Dangus

Dangus
  • 352 posts

Posted June 6, 2018 - 03:24 PM

RB2
RB3

RB1
Lego
RB4

RB3 had a much better UI than any of them which is important to me. RB4 is still pretty unorganized in terms of organization of songs.

Lego didn't do much for me. 

#28 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 193 posts

Posted June 6, 2018 - 04:04 PM

RB2
RB3
RB1
Lego
RB4

RB3 had a much better UI than any of them which is important to me. RB4 is still pretty unorganized in terms of organization of songs.
Lego didn't do much for me. 

Oh of course, I think thats a great reason why it makes it fun to play because its not too bad on the eyes & it plays well. Sure I think that RB2 was still a more friendly interface, but RB3 still takes the cake in that instance for easy accessibility.

#29 ManicPixieGirl

ManicPixieGirl
  • 156 posts

Posted June 8, 2018 - 08:02 PM

Modern Love is the ideal Bowie keys song, and of course, it was offered as DLC instead of being on the disk, which instead gets some quirky weird song that goes GREAT at parties [eyeroll], because like I said, they'd rather put the stuff they know you'll pay for instead of on the disk. Case and point, Bon Jovi on 3 game setlists but not RB3. You have to pay for the upgrades and Bad Medicine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users