A Beatles weird request

Beatles The Beatles

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 199 posts

Posted May 3, 2018 - 04:56 AM

So I know there's a Beatles Spreadsheet & a project associated with it, but there's one beatles song I don't think will ever be made, or in fact will be the hardest custom song to ever make. Revolution 9 is by far the weirdest & most experimental Beatles song, or song in general ever & just to even see it as a custom will just blow my mind completely. I know, I know, Never say never, but man, that would be interesting.

#2 Koopa2215

Koopa2215
  • 93 posts

Posted May 3, 2018 - 06:26 AM

So I know there's a Beatles Spreadsheet & a project associated with it, but there's one beatles song I don't think will ever be made, or in fact will be the hardest custom song to ever make. Revolution 9 is by far the weirdest & most experimental Beatles song, or song in general ever & just to even see it as a custom will just blow my mind completely. I know, I know, Never say never, but man, that would be interesting.

+1 I also wonder what the tempo map would look like.

AROUND MY HEAD

#3 astronomyhopes

astronomyhopes
  • 39 posts

Posted May 3, 2018 - 06:41 AM

It'll probably be done with the Beatles project. There are a lot of experienced authors collaborating on it, so it'll likely be a team effort. The chart-able instrument parts are all relatively sparse and repetitive compared to the numerous tracks of overlapping speech and vocals, which no one has completely discerned yet AFAIK.

#4 CUTstudi0s

CUTstudi0s
  • 38 posts

Posted May 3, 2018 - 07:10 AM

I believe atupomaruru is working on this song as we speak, just in the tempo mapping stage for right now (the last I heard of it, anyway).

2SbRp9e.png

Or check out my WIP thread!

#5 atupomaruru

atupomaruru
  • 169 posts

Posted May 3, 2018 - 03:51 PM

Yes I'm on it. Tempo map is turning out really weird.

#6 atupomaruru

atupomaruru
  • 169 posts

Posted May 4, 2018 - 02:40 PM

dpLciia.png

Here's my progress so far if anyone is interested in seeing the tempo map. Black lines represent time signature changes.

#7 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 199 posts

Posted May 4, 2018 - 09:08 PM

dpLciia.png

Here's my progress so far if anyone is interested in seeing the tempo map. Black lines represent time signature changes.

That is very odd indeed. Honestly, I feel like this is such a interesting task to take up. What do you think will be the hardest instrument to chart? Im gonna go with either Drums or Vocals.

#8 atupomaruru

atupomaruru
  • 169 posts

Posted May 4, 2018 - 09:59 PM

Drum track will be very sparse, but vocals will definitely be very tedious in placing all the talkies. I feel like the biggest challenge is gonna be choosing what parts to put on guitar/keys/bass, and making all those charts make as much sense as possible throughout all the layering and repetition.

Also I only have vague ideas of what I can do with the venue so far, but I want to make it as crazy and ambitious as possible for this song. That might actually end up being the biggest challenge.

#9 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 199 posts

Posted May 4, 2018 - 11:08 PM

Drum track will be very sparse, but vocals will definitely be very tedious in placing all the talkies. I feel like the biggest challenge is gonna be choosing what parts to put on guitar/keys/bass, and making all those charts make as much sense as possible throughout all the layering and repetition.

Also I only have vague ideas of what I can do with the venue so far, but I want to make it as crazy and ambitious as possible for this song. That might actually end up being the biggest challenge.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if it was fun & boring at the exact same time haha. I mean would it be wrong to assume people would want to play it backwards more? Haha but anyway, Im pretty sure this will be a fun but very confusing task. I would expect 3 part harms & a crazy keyboard session, I dont play keys but I might pick it up just for that song 😂👌🏻

#10 Koopa2215

Koopa2215
  • 93 posts

Posted May 4, 2018 - 11:59 PM

dpLciia.png

Good luck. Have fun?

AROUND MY HEAD

#11 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,571 posts

Posted May 5, 2018 - 07:09 AM

This is going to be a crazy sauce custom.  Can't wait to check it out in the future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beatles, The Beatles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users