Worst GH Cover?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Nolan

Nolan
  • 36 posts

Posted April 14, 2018 - 08:00 PM

I actually rather enjoy a lot of the covers, lol. "Seventeen" from GH80s is probably my favorite.

I primarily play drums and sometimes chart stuff

#22 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 234 posts

Posted April 14, 2018 - 09:46 PM

I actually rather enjoy a lot of the covers, lol. "Seventeen" from GH80s is probably my favorite.

Seventeen really wasnt that bad, good call!

#23 ElectricSkylab

ElectricSkylab
  • 100 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 06:01 PM

I am rather nostalgic for cover versions, regardless of quality.

Remember when Wavegroup did a cover so good, the original band tried to sue Harmonix over it? (In this case, "What I Like About You" from GH80's)

#24 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted April 16, 2018 - 07:31 PM

I am rather nostalgic for cover versions, regardless of quality.

Remember when Wavegroup did a cover so good, the original band tried to sue Harmonix over it? (In this case, "What I Like About You" from GH80's)

If you placed the GH midi of that song on top of the actual Romantics' audio, it was a perfect match up until the famous guitar break.  Then it deviated somewhat, but it was very, very close.

#25 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 234 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 09:36 PM

If you placed the GH midi of that song on top of the actual Romantics' audio, it was a perfect match up until the famous guitar break.  Then it deviated somewhat, but it was very, very close.

Oh shit, never heard about that till now. Well damn, thats kind of awesome. Haha they got copyrighted for being too close to the original, its funny to me because thats why they opted to make covers in the first 2 games in the first place haha.

#26 BigBananaDealer

BigBananaDealer
  • 65 posts

Posted July 24, 2018 - 08:32 AM

synchronicity II sounds pretty bad to me

#27 BillyMays

BillyMays
  • 47 posts

Posted July 27, 2018 - 01:26 AM

I enjoy all of the covers, but the worst GH cover is laid to rest, the vocals are way too far off from the original, making it sound awful.

And the worst RB cover is tom sayer, purely because of vocals, its just too far off.

The best GH cover is last child, this version destroys the studio version in every way, and is accompanied by awesome vocals and guitar playing, if the original version sounded like this, it would be my favorite aerosmith song. 

The best RB cover is green grass and high tides, it just does everything right and sounds amazing.

#28 MissingElements

MissingElements
  • 523 posts

Posted August 1, 2018 - 04:40 PM

I really hate the ones where they kinda hid the fact that they were covers/alternate versions. Like, on whichever Guitar Hero that Take A Picture by Filter came from, that's far from the version I'm used to that's offered here on the site and I really wish I had the same time and dedication I used to to chart the one I'm used to hearing. What bugs me is there's nothing stating the difference between the two. Same goes with like Graduate by Third Eye Blind, which I kinda went around charting whichever version but it's been so long I don't remember the outcome of what I charted there. Another song off the top of my head is 867-5309 by Tommy Tutone, the song there that you can buy as DLC is entirely different. Not sure if the album is any different just figuring from the fact that I don't keep up with one hit wonders and the albums they came from, it's just, why would they choose that one? It's irritating. I'mma have to play Rock Band a bit now and come back to this post now lol, now I'm all interested in judging Rock Band songs

#29 Dangus

Dangus
  • 395 posts

Posted August 9, 2018 - 02:43 PM

I think the Bowie covers on the RB side of things are cringeworthy.. especially Heroes :( (which really needs the original released)

I honestly haven't touched the GH games in years so I couldn't even remember how most sounded. I remember enjoying Ziggy Stardust's cover though a lot and the added on guitar solo. 

#30 JackSilverson

JackSilverson
  • 1 posts

Posted August 13, 2018 - 07:56 AM

To me, the absolute worst cover in GH history was "Rock and Roll All Nite" from Guitar Hero III, it sounds absolutely nothing like the original and sounds more like a teenager on the back-end of puberty singing than anything close to Gene Simmons.

As for Rock Band.. that's a hard one.. nah, kidding, Tom Sawyer hands down, good god.

#31 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 218 posts

Posted August 16, 2018 - 02:24 PM

As far as RB, the Heroes one is really weird.

I think the Bowie covers on the RB side of things are cringeworthy.. especially Heroes :( (which really needs the original released)

It's pretty much done, but a certain user in here is really taking his time releasing this one...

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#32 Dangus

Dangus
  • 395 posts

Posted August 18, 2018 - 07:25 PM

As far as RB, the Heroes one is really weird.

It's pretty much done, but a certain user in here is really taking his time releasing this one...

Haha I meant as official DLC but would love to have it as a custom too!  :D  :rock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users