Rock band songs with mislabeled difficulty.

Dlc Song Songs Difficult Difficulty Easy Hard Question

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 DashRetro

DashRetro
  • 28 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 07:22 PM

What's the fun in that? I don't sing just to hum consistent tones until I finish the song. It's like asking why bother making any instruments more than zero dots because you can just get a bot to play it for you.

As far as actually tiering them sometimes you come across a song that takes more than just pitch to do well in. I would not consider a song like "Rap God" to be a zero dot song...if I'm actually singing, that is. ;)

This is a topic I've thought about a lot.  Not even just rap, all death metal is 0 dots, but can you actually sing like that? :P

I feel like the difficulty of certain songs when you're trying to be authentic isn't done justice by the "talkies are 0 dots" rating system, HOWEVER, I think it's way too big a can of worms to get into the even more subjective debate about how to go about scoring them differently.

I stream on Twitch! https://twitch.tv/dashretro

#22 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 199 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 07:56 PM

This is a topic I've thought about a lot.  Not even just rap, all death metal is 0 dots, but can you actually sing like that? :P

I feel like the difficulty of certain songs when you're trying to be authentic isn't done justice by the "talkies are 0 dots" rating system, HOWEVER, I think it's way too big a can of worms to get into the even more subjective debate about how to go about scoring them differently.

I cant, thats for sure. Its very hard to quote sing unquote death metal let alone growl death metal. Ive most certainly tried, a song like Visions on Rock Band 2 is one of those songs unless you have the right growl its just not gonna happen lol

#23 DashRetro

DashRetro
  • 28 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 08:33 PM

I can hit a Necrophagist growl for like 10 seconds before my throat is jacked and I'm chugging water for the rest of the day.

I stream on Twitch! https://twitch.tv/dashretro

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dlc, Song, Songs, Difficult, Difficulty, Easy, Hard, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users