Rock band songs with mislabeled difficulty.

Dlc Song Songs Difficult Difficulty Easy Hard Question

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 225 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 01:43 AM

Is there any main setlist song or dlc you feel are mislabeled as harder or easier than they should be?

Personally I feel like certain Queen songs are mislabeled as easier than harder

Queen - We Will Rock You/We are the Champions. I personally feel they are harder than they show on the difficulty, in vocals, 1 notch harder for Guitar for We Are the Champions.

Any other songs you can think of?

#2 mrcoupdetat

mrcoupdetat
  • 142 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 02:02 AM

The drums for "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age are much easier than advertised. Harmonix gave them the devil tier, but I'd give them 4 dots at most.

#3 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 225 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 02:05 AM

The drums for "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age are much easier than advertised. Harmonix gave them the devil tier, but I'd give them 4 dots at most.

Oh I agree. As an expert playing drummer, I wholeheartedly agree, you just gotta go with the rhythm & youre good.

#4 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,366 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 02:35 AM

RB3-era songs.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#5 FUGGNUTZ

FUGGNUTZ
  • 40 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 04:47 AM

Who on planet Earth thought that The Look should be devil tier on bass? Who thought that Pulse of the Maggots and Sulfur were only 5 dot on drums? Why isn't Beast and the Harlot devil tier on guitar? Why is Free Bird only 3 dot on drums? Why is Something Bigger, Something Brighter devil tier on guitar? Why is Visions 1 dot on vocals?

These questions may never be answered. There are also a bunch of customs with difficulties that make me scratch my head, but we aren't professionals, so I can forgive them. There's also every song that lost its original tier due to the thresholds changing in between games.

#6 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 225 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 05:05 PM

Who on planet Earth thought that The Look should be devil tier on bass? Who thought that Pulse of the Maggots and Sulfur were only 5 dot on drums? Why isn't Beast and the Harlot devil tier on guitar? Why is Free Bird only 3 dot on drums? Why is Something Bigger, Something Brighter devil tier on guitar? Why is Visions 1 dot on vocals?

These questions may never be answered. There are also a bunch of customs with difficulties that make me scratch my head, but we aren't professionals, so I can forgive them. There's also every song that lost its original tier due to the thresholds changing in between games.

That is very true. Many songs that should be shown much harder arent, which is misleading most times in my opinion. You go in expecting something difficult & it ends up being easy & vice versa. Jeremy by Pearl Jam is definitely not that hard on Drums as advertised.

#7 PhantomBlade8

PhantomBlade8
  • 142 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 06:34 PM

No One Knows seems like a better 5 dot song, that song gets pretty intense imo

but not quite devil

#8 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 332 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 02:47 AM

Big Country - In a Big Country. 1 bubble on drums. Really? I have gold starred and almost fc'd everything in the 1 bubble category, but 97% on In a Big Country with no gold stars, and that was after lots of playing it. There is no way that thing is a 1 bubble song. Maybe it's some easy pattern that most people can get their head around and I just can't. :: shrugs ::

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#9 PhantomBlade8

PhantomBlade8
  • 142 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 03:34 AM

Big Country - In a Big Country. 1 bubble on drums. Really? I have gold starred and almost fc'd everything in the 1 bubble category, but 97% on In a Big Country with no gold stars, and that was after lots of playing it. There is no way that thing is a 1 bubble song. Maybe it's some easy pattern that most people can get their head around and I just can't. :: shrugs ::

yeah, that one should've been like a tier or two higher difficulty, it is significantly harder than the other 1 tier songs.

#10 PhantomBlade8

PhantomBlade8
  • 142 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 03:35 AM

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver... it is rated 2 dots on guitar! It took me forever to gold star that and I had FC'd many devil songs already XD

#11 DashRetro

DashRetro
  • 28 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 05:16 AM

Antibodies in RB3... I think it was two dots on guitar?  I found that song to be a lot tougher to keep a combo on than most.

Also, Constant Motion by Dream Theater is ranked 5/6 on guitar, but I think that song is a no-brainer devil tier.  Sure, the chorus is easy, but the guitar solo more than makes up for that.

I stream on Twitch! https://twitch.tv/dashretro

#12 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 629 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 08:52 PM

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver... it is rated 2 dots on guitar! It took me forever to gold star that and I had FC'd many devil songs already XD

Antibodies in RB3... I think it was two dots on guitar?  I found that song to be a lot tougher to keep a combo on than most.

And here you have it, folks: the two reasons I will never be a completionist. I will never, ever 5-star these songs on any instrument.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#13 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 225 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 10:34 PM

And here you have it, folks: the two reasons I will never be a completionist. I will never, ever 5-star these songs on any instrument.

I can say that 2 songs I had a much too easy time on for guitar was I Believe in a Thing Called Love & Hold on Loosely which I believe I myself hit those solos too easily even though it should have been harder for me to hit, let alone FC both songs.

#14 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 332 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 06:28 AM

Not even vocals? Antibodies was a ridiculously hard song on vocals, I eventually FC'd the stupid thing (you have to basically sing the note before the note in every single instance and WELL before. So basically, you have to have a continuous breath all the way through) so I never had to worry about singing it again. Ever. Except now that we have online and people tend to pick it to be mean. =-)

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#15 PhantomBlade8

PhantomBlade8
  • 142 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 05:04 PM

Also, Constant Motion by Dream Theater is ranked 5/6 on guitar, but I think that song is a no-brainer devil tier.  Sure, the chorus is easy, but the guitar solo more than makes up for that.

yeah, that song's riff in general should've been like devil PLUS the insane solo. 5 dots, really??

#16 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 629 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 09:36 PM

Not even vocals? Antibodies was a ridiculously hard song on vocals, I eventually FC'd the stupid thing (you have to basically sing the note before the note in every single instance and WELL before. So basically, you have to have a continuous breath all the way through) so I never had to worry about singing it again. Ever. Except now that we have online and people tend to pick it to be mean. =-)

Further evidence Harmonix needs to learn to chart vocals properly... :D

Antibodies is an awesome song. My band mate insists we play it every few sessions, but she's singing it and that's way, way easier than playing it on guitar or bass (or even keys, ugh). I don't drum so I don't care about those cheevos, but this song (and Jerry was a Racecar Driver) is one of the only songs really definitively preventing my completionist cheevos on those instruments. Bastards...

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#17 VreyRB2

VreyRB2
  • 159 posts

Posted April 18, 2018 - 12:44 PM

I don't see how any song that has only talkies tiered anything other than 0 dots. You can take massive advantage of the talkies by saying anything you like, breathing into the mic, or even putting the mic against your TV and letting your speakers do the job for you.

join the space_woosh fanclub
"Vrey's Custom Spreadsheet" - Spreadsheet containing every song I've put out on the database!
"Vrey's WIP Spreadsheet" - Spreadsheet full of every song I'm working on, so you know when I've started!

#18 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 225 posts

Posted April 18, 2018 - 02:38 PM

I don't see how any song that has only talkies tiered anything other than 0 dots. You can take massive advantage of the talkies by saying anything you like, breathing into the mic, or even putting the mic against your TV and letting your speakers do the job for you.

Many songs like that are just not even worth trying to sing on sometimes. I mean some talkies are weird & you have to be precise or you wont get the full combo for that line of vocals. I cant begin to tell you how frustrating it is to get a solid on a line of talky notes when you obviously know you just hit those. Irritating does not even begin to describe it.

#19 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,366 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 05:41 AM

You can take massive advantage of the talkies by saying anything you like, breathing into the mic, or even putting the mic against your TV and letting your speakers do the job for you.

What's the fun in that? I don't sing just to hum consistent tones until I finish the song. It's like asking why bother making any instruments more than zero dots because you can just get a bot to play it for you.

As far as actually tiering them sometimes you come across a song that takes more than just pitch to do well in. I would not consider a song like "Rap God" to be a zero dot song...if I'm actually singing, that is. ;)

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#20 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 225 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 04:02 PM

What's the fun in that? I don't sing just to hum consistent tones until I finish the song. It's like asking why bother making any instruments more than zero dots because you can just get a bot to play it for you.

As far as actually tiering them sometimes you come across a song that takes more than just pitch to do well in. I would not consider a song like "Rap God" to be a zero dot song...if I'm actually singing, that is. ;)

Thats very true man, very true. Rap god is hard just to keep a constant breath in lol but honestly I feel like songs that dont require that type of effort deserves at least a 1 dot or lower. It does take the fun out if you dont try, even if you dont have to, Id personally just switch it to karaoke mode or something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dlc, Song, Songs, Difficult, Difficulty, Easy, Hard, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users