• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,353 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:38 AM

Rock Band 3 Scores Viewer

Download v1.0
Introducing the Rock Band 3 Scores Viewer! This tool allows you to view the scores in your game's save file. It supports Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii saves. You can view individual scores for songs, export, backup, and delete individual scores, and export all scores to a table file.
To load your save, you need to do the following depending on your console.
For Xbox 360, you need to extract your save from the CON file it comes in. It should be a file called save.dat.
For PS3, you need to extract your save and decrypt it. It should be a file called SAVE.DAT.
For Wii, you need to extract your save from your console's NAND. This should be a file called band3.dat.
After loading your save, you can click on a song to view all the stars and percents scores you've earned for every instrument on that song. Only the top score is saved. Rating and play count is also recorded. Progress you've made on that song's Pro training mode is also recorded, regardless if the song has a part or that many parts or not.
For Wii saves, you can click on the Profile label at the bottom of the window to toggle between the scores in each of the 4 profiles.
You'll find some lines won't have a song name next to them. To view scores for those, you can go to View > Use Song Cache to Match Song Names. This will allow you to load your cache file to fill in the blanks. This is only available for Xbox and Wii saves. However, it's important that the song cache you use was modified at the same time as your save was, otherwise the results may not be as accurate.
For Xbox, like the save file, you'll need to extract the song cache file from the CON file. It will be an extensionless file called songcache.
For Wii, you'll need to extract the songcache file from your console's NAND. This will be in the same place as your save. It will be a file called MSTORE.vff.
You can also attempt to save changes you've made to your scores. The only changes allowed are deletions. Saving will modify your save, so use at your own risk.
Now for the known bugs.

• Some scores still won't have a name even if you load a cache. This means that the song ID couldn't be found in the cache or the supplied DTA file. If it's a smaller number, it's probably official DLC. If it's a larger number, it's probably a custom.
  • Some songs will have incorrectly-toggled Pro Trainer checks. I don't know why this is happening, but more verified legitimate data could help.

There may be more bugs I'm not aware of, so please let me know if you find any so I can fix them.

Saving of modified scores data is largely untested, so anyone willing to try it out can help here too. And if you are testing the saving feature, please make sure to back up your save. Don't lose your game save playing with this!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or requests.

#2 PhantomBlade8

• 49 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 03:46 AM

wow! this will sure come in handy, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users