Solo animations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Atruejedi

• 428 posts

Posted March 11, 2018 - 05:05 PM

From the RBN Docs:

These are close up shots that are used to emphasize a player, specifically hand animations, lip sync, and kick pedal movement. They are great for interesting vocals sections, guitar or bass solos, or parts with heavy drum work.

• [directed_vocals_cls]
  • [directed_bass_cls] = fretboard shot *
  • [directed_guitar_cls] = fretboard shot *
  • [directed_drums_kd] = drummer’s kick pedal *

The asterisk says:

*These free directed cut flags only involve unique camera angles while still using looping animation flags authored on the instrument tracks.

What precisely does this mean? I am not sure what "looping animations" are, for example... but I am familiar with [play], [idle], etc.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - Custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#2 atupomaruru

• 155 posts

Posted March 11, 2018 - 05:22 PM

It means that the way the characters animate is the same as if you had used a generic cut, e.g. [coop_all_near] or [coop_g_near]. While the generic camera cuts just control the camera angle, directed cuts also trigger special animations, like the guitarist kicking the camera or the band jumping and landing on the beat. The "directed cuts" marked with an asterisk are actually mislabelled in this regard, in that they don't actually "direct" any special movement. However, they do make for some very unique camera angles, and that's why they're grouped with the directed cuts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users