Prog Collaboration - Magnum, Kingdom of Madness?

Magnum Kingdom of Madness Full band keyboards

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doa

doa
  • 171 posts

Posted March 4, 2018 - 07:16 AM

Magnum was one of the first bands that I got into as a teenager - my first album being Wings of Heaven in '88 (when they happened to be finding more commercial success). 

I soon rushed out to get more albums and soon ended up with Kingdom of Madness ('78). I was blown away. A melodic hard rock masterpiece.

I was not one for what I would call very melodic music at the time, but this album was something special - so well crafted in terms of songwriting, the interplay between the instruments, and the change in moods. 

So I am hoping that there will be some interest in collaborating to get some of these songs into the database. 

Here's one to whet your appetite, All Come Together:

The songs starts with a beautiful piano intro ...

Vocals enter at 0:36

Aaaahhhhh Aahhhh! 0:52 rest of the band enters

moar keyboards (lots more)! 1:16

guitar solo 2:44

If you would like to work on this and /or other songs from the album please let me know, I am happy doing the bass (and some guitar / reductions as needed) so I am looking for partners in crime to do drums, guitar, keyboards and vocals.  

If there is interest in the project I would also like to do these songs from the album: In the Beginning, Kingdom of Madness (some flute in this one ;)), The Bringer, Invasion, and Lords of Chaos

It's an awesome album - if you got ears, you gotta listen! ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Magnum, Kingdom of Madness, Full band, keyboards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users