Advice on how to amend difficulty

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sgknights

Sgknights
  • 1 posts

Posted March 3, 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hello,

I'm a completely new to this and have only just discovered this site.
Thanks to everyone who has spent the time creating the customs. I've downloaded quite a few songs now but a lot of them are expert only (I am no where near good enough for this). Is there a way for me to amend the downloaded customs to reduce the difficulty? If so is there a guide on how to do it? Thanks

#2 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 235 posts

Posted March 3, 2018 - 06:39 PM

The process to do this is not an easy one. There's actually two ways (actually three):

1. Get the rpp file from the author and do auto-reductions using CAT within Reaper (read all about using Reaper on these forums - this will take learning about Reaper and installing CAT tools)

2. Recompile the CON file using CON tools, then do the auto-reductions using CAT within Reaper. This process has a steep learning curve and you'd have to research the forums on how to reconstruct the song in reaper using just a CON file. I haven't really seen any guides on reconstructing from a CON file, I just learned how to do it since I author songs and it became familiar. 

3. Beg the author to do reductions. ;-)

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#3 beard216

beard216
  • 2,081 posts

Posted March 3, 2018 - 08:30 PM

The process to do this is not an easy one. There's actually two ways (actually three):

1. Get the rpp file from the author and do auto-reductions using CAT within Reaper (read all about using Reaper on these forums - this will take learning about Reaper and installing CAT tools)

2. Recompile the CON file using CON tools, then do the auto-reductions using CAT within Reaper. This process has a steep learning curve and you'd have to research the forums on how to reconstruct the song in reaper using just a CON file. I haven't really seen any guides on reconstructing from a CON file, I just learned how to do it since I author songs and it became familiar. 

3. Beg the author to do reductions. ;-)

Or you hit up The Beard. Lol.

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

#4 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 305 posts

Posted March 3, 2018 - 11:13 PM

2. Recompile the CON file using CON tools, then do the auto-reductions using CAT within Reaper. (...)

No need to recompile the CON file whatsoever. After reducing within REAPER, export the midi file and replace the original in the CON file with the new one. Doesn't work when adding new instruments, but works perfectly for this purpose.

#5 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 235 posts

Posted March 4, 2018 - 12:04 AM

No need to recompile the CON file whatsoever. After reducing within REAPER, export the midi file and replace the original in the CON file with the new one. Doesn't work when adding new instruments, but works perfectly for this purpose.

How do you open a CON file in Reaper?

#6 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 305 posts

Posted March 4, 2018 - 12:39 AM

How do you open a CON file in Reaper?

Oh, you do that with the CON Tools, but recompiling involves Magma, no? Perhaps I was a little too tired, my bad.

#7 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 235 posts

Posted March 4, 2018 - 12:49 AM

Oh, you do that with the CON Tools, but recompiling involves Magma, no? Perhaps I was a little too tired, my bad.

Probably my poor choice of words. I didn't mean to imply any recompiling in Magma. But you gave more detail on what to do with the file so all good. I was just hoping I could open the CON file in Reaper. ;-)

#8 beard216

beard216
  • 2,081 posts

Posted March 4, 2018 - 12:56 AM

You can use the phase shift converter to make a "FoF Type" of file. It's a folder with song.ini, the .ogg, a midi, and album art. :D

Then use the midi in reaper to make the edits, export the midi, and use CON tools to replace the old midi within the CON.

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users