Vocals authoring question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 doa

doa
  • 100 posts

Posted November 2, 2017 - 05:18 AM

I was watching pksage stream (again), this time for charting vocals. 

In the stream he had a macro that tied vocal notes to the text events for the lyrics so that if he moved the notes to the left or right then the text (lyrics) would follow the note around.

Does anyone know of a way to do that? At the moment I find myself having to move the notes and then the text events seperately from each other. 

#2 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 110 posts

Posted November 2, 2017 - 05:24 AM

Not sure what macro you are referencing, or why you'd even need a macro for that. If your notes are aligned with your lyric events, then they will move together. To ensure alignment, highlight the notes and lyric events and press Shift + A. Once they are aligned, you can move them together. You can also highlight the vocal notes you want to move, Shift click the lyric events and they will move together that way as well. 

The best way to ensure alignment from the start is to use Shift + L to insert lyrics from a txt file.

26846703709_c966dd1e2b_o.jpg

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#3 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted November 2, 2017 - 02:33 PM

Also, if you have all the lyrics set and you're moving the starting point of the notes around, you can Ctrl+A to select everything, then Shift+A to realign the lyrics with their notes. Though, if the lyrics are tied to the notes and you're just moving them as a whole, the lyrics should move with them by default. If they don't, then they aren't lined up with their respective notes.

#4 onyxite

onyxite
  • 49 posts

Posted November 2, 2017 - 02:34 PM

You may need to make sure the "RBN settings" checkbox is turned on in the Reaper preferences. (I think the RBN Installer does this for you but good to double-check.)

#5 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 139 posts

Posted November 2, 2017 - 03:22 PM

Click on the text events, and on the drop down menu select "Lyrics" instead of "Text Events"

#6 doa

doa
  • 100 posts

Posted November 2, 2017 - 04:01 PM

Thank you for all of the help guys - I will check these things out! :)

#7 doa

doa
  • 100 posts

Posted November 2, 2017 - 08:49 PM

Click on the text events, and on the drop down menu select "Lyrics" instead of "Text Events"

This was the fix - thank you!

#8 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 139 posts

Posted November 3, 2017 - 12:08 PM

This was the fix - thank you!

I remember when I made the same mistake, it was such a pain in the ass to have to move the lyrics as well as the notes. The lyrics even get automatically copied if you copy and paste the vocal notes too! :)

#9 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,170 posts

Posted November 3, 2017 - 12:17 PM

There's a CAT command for that.

#10 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 110 posts

Posted November 4, 2017 - 01:09 AM

There's a CAT command for that.

A HUGE time saving CAT command for that. ;-)

26846703709_c966dd1e2b_o.jpg

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users