Yaniv's workshop - The Replacements 4-Pack!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 rcale

rcale
  • 367 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 07:08 PM

Voted!

I saw talk of FJM and now I want the FJM please may I have the FJM because I really like FJM? kthx

#82 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 135 posts

Posted June 17, 2018 - 09:50 PM

Voted!

I saw talk of FJM and now I want the FJM please may I have the FJM because I really like FJM? kthx

Tell Mr truejedi to finish the talking heads song before haha

But seriously, I would love to do FJM, the problem is that his music is piano heavy (so it will be weird to chart without pro keys) and there aren't really many good FJM midis out there. I can figure out keys by ear if it's fairly simple, but for complex piano parts it would take me forever... so just charting keys to his songs will be a nightmare. Thankfully the song we're discussing is more guitar heavy...

#83 rcale

rcale
  • 367 posts

Posted Yesterday

Im excited for whatever you and your charters-in-arms are able to make available to us. Anyone talking about FJM, Pulp, Suede, Bowie, Talking Heads, etc will have a grateful customer here.

#84 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 135 posts

Posted Yesterday

The Replacements 4-Pack!

Probably the best punk rock band of all time, and after I already did their classic "Can't Hardly Wait", The Replacements now get their own 4 pack! The pack includes 2 updates of previously drum-only customs, and two brand new songs!

Please note - for all updates, I'm also seriously updating the drum chart (I've gotten better at those), tempo map, etc. So even if you're only a drummer, and you have the old version - I highly suggest downloading the new one! It's much better.

And now, the songs...

Nmquxf3.jpg

Download Link

YouTube Video

Kicking it up with a classic (but honestly, they all are!), "Favorite Thing" is an ultra fast, furious and brilliant punk-rock masterpiece, from the all-time classic album "Let it Be". This one will get you sweating and screaming!

2jdtZex.jpg

Download Link

YouTube Video

"Kiss Me on the Bus" is a brilliant, catchy, jangle pop/rock track. An all time classic and really a fun song!

qdNMmDt.jpg

Download Link

YouTube Video

My personal favorite of the pack, "Color Me Impressed" is a fast-paced and brilliant punk classic from the band. An early classic, one of their defining songs and biggest classics, this one will make you sweat and test your stamina - especially on drums! And it also has a pretty tough guitar solo. 

lebieMo.jpg

Download Link

YouTube Video

Representing the more quiet side of the Replacements, "Swingin' Party" is a gentle rock masterpiece, with brilliant lyrics, from the classic album "Tim". It's beautiful to sing, includes an incredible melodic bass line (especially the chorus) and should be a nice way to chill after rocking out to the other tunes. It's now regarded as a classic, covered by artists like Lorde and many others.

That's it for today! I keep clearing the pipeline. Now I only have, hmm, 13 customs that I started work on and yet to release... I'll get to those before starting a new batch!

And speaking of the new batch - which artists would you like to see? I made a poll from my top options, and it's still relevant. So if you haven't already, make sure to vote here!

Have fun!

#85 Jonztu

Jonztu
  • 159 posts

Posted Today

Great pack, these should be fun to play. Thanks!

#86 MidnightRambler67

MidnightRambler67
  • 201 posts

Posted Today

Thanks for these Yaniv  :)  I have not really heard this band before but they sound awesome 

and I have voted :)

great work 

#87 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 135 posts

Posted Today

Thanks for these Yaniv  :)  I have not really heard this band before but they sound awesome 

Thanks! If you like punk-rock they're absolutely essential. Even the Green Day singer said he would have never played punk if it wasn't for them.

Personally I'm not a huge punk rock fan (not a huge Green Day fan either), but I still absolutely love them because I'm a huge fan of great songwriting, and I think Paul Westerberg is one of the finest songwriters I know.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users