Yaniv's workshop - 12 new songs for Primavera Sound! The Cure 6-Pack, Talking Heads and others!

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 rcale

rcale
  • 410 posts

Posted November 21, 2017 - 09:58 PM

Amazing. I hope you find a full band partner for your stuff so I can play it (or just a bass charter, you know, for that rhythm section vibe)! Your track and artist choices are really exciting. I too love 'Blackstar' - such a heartbreaking album in places.

#22 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted November 21, 2017 - 11:09 PM

Amazing. I hope you find a full band partner for your stuff so I can play it (or just a bass charter, you know, for that rhythm section vibe)! Your track and artist choices are really exciting. I too love 'Blackstar' - such a heartbreaking album in places.

Thanks! Honestly there's so much I would want to chart from this album, but a lot of the other tracks (mostly the title track and Sue) seems too difficult for me to chart at the moment. Maybe in the future!

Also, regardless of my chart, if you like Blackstar make sure you listen to 'No Plan'. It's an outtake and I'm honestly baffled how come it didn't make the album. Would have been an highlight and it fits the album perfectly.

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#23 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted December 10, 2017 - 12:08 AM

New songs! A tribute to one of the best albums of the 00's - Wilco's 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot' - with 4 songs, and a single by Angel Olsen!

Wilco's 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot' Pack

"Heavy Metal Drummer"

"I Am Trying to Break Your Heart"

"I'm the Man Who Loves You"

"Jesus, Etc"

First 4-pack (couldn't leave any of the songs out), and it's a tribute to Wilco's masterpiece - 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot'! Play along to those wonderful songs. "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" includes ultra creative drumming and even a drum solo (and it's a masterpiece, too), while 'I'm the Man Who Loves You' is a hugely tricky chart as it includes several layers of percussion and drums! Tried my best to make the chart as good as I could. "Heavy Metal Drummer", despite the name, is a pretty fun and fairly easy tune. Last but not least, "Jesus Etc" is a complete breeze to play through, but it's also one of the most beautiful songs ever written by anyone - just couldn't make this pack without it!

Angel Olsen - "Shut Up Kiss Me"

First single release, it's "Shut Up Kiss Me" by Angel Olsen! One of the great new(ish) artists in indie, Olsen is an amazing songwriter with great 70's style. This song is ultra fun to play and it's just such a great song.

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#24 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 413 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 05:57 AM

I'm the Man Who Loves You was a lot of fun on drums. Thanks.

#25 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted December 11, 2017 - 09:48 AM

I'm the Man Who Loves You was a lot of fun on drums. Thanks.

Glad you enjoyed it! I was a bit insecure about this chart because there's so much percussion going on - at some points I knew I'd leave out certain noticeable drum parts - but it ended up being a blast to play.

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#26 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 09:36 AM

New release!

Big Star 3-Pack

"Kizza Me" (YouTube)

"September Gurls" (YouTube)

"Thank You Friends" (YouTube)

One of the most underrated bands of all times with a great three pack of brilliant power-pop. Headlined by "September Gurls", a career highlight and one of the greatest power pop anthems of all time - which is also loads of fun on drums with many drum fills all over the place! In addition there's two songs from the band's last album, the dark masterpiece "Big Star/Third", including the brilliant rocker "Kizza Me" and the ultra-cynical anthem "Thank You Friends", both of whom among the band's best and are really fun on drums. Enjoy!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#27 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 10:14 AM

Can you include youtube links for your songs so we can preview them when we're unfamiliar?

#28 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 10:28 AM

Can you include youtube links for your songs so we can preview them when we're unfamiliar?

Sure, great idea! added to post above. Will add to older songs later.

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#29 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 09:22 PM

Hey! So as you know, I've been turning my attention to charting full band songs... so soon you'll see full band songs posted here!

But before this happens, I need to 'clean my plate' - finished up some drums stuff I did. So this is the last drums-only release planned. Here we go!

Bruce Springsteen Deep Cuts Pack

"Loose Ends" (YouTube)

"Sherry Darling" (YouTube)

"Roulette" (YouTube)

So as you can tell, I like Bruce haha

This is a three pack of lesser known songs, but I love all of them. They each show a different side of him.

"Loose Ends" is honestly, an emotional masterpiece and one of the prettiest songs he's ever written. His guitar player, Steve Van Zandt, when asked 'what is the last song the E-Street Band should ever play live?', answered Loose Ends. And it's fun on drums too!

"Sherry Darling" is a pure fun song from the River album, great rock'n'roll with an amazingly catchy chorus. I got some beers and the highway's free...

"Roulette" is hard rocking Bruce, it's another hidden gem. A fast paced, paranoid, sweaty tune. And if you think Bruce songs are too easy on drums - this one is for you! It's quite a challenge to play, I actually had difficulties testing it properly because it's too hard for me. So yeah, have fun!

And another bonus song:

The Millennium - There Is Nothing More to Say (YouTube)

To be honest, this is one song I did for myself. The Millennium were a psychedelic band back in the 60's, in the vein of the Beach Boys, Love etc, but not nearly as popular. They only released one album - 'Begin'. For me, it's one of the greatest lost classics of all time. A mixture of psychedelia and sunshine pop, extremely melodic - I think it's the best psychedelic album ever made, after 'Pet Sounds'. And that's my favorite song on it. I can't believe it's a deep cut on a forgotten album - it just sounds like a lost classic.

Have fun!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#30 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 09:41 PM

FIRST BATCH OF FULL BAND SONGS!

First batch of full band songs is finally out!

It's two updates to existing ones - Bruce's magnificent 'Darkness' and Pavement's classic 'Gold Soundz', plus a brand new song with Pulp's hit 'Disco 2000'.

This is my first batch of full band songs, so it's probably not perfect.
I would love to hear any feedback you have, good/bad. If there's something wrong with anything, pm me and I'll fix it. I want it to be as good as possible.
Thanks and have fun!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#31 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 09:56 PM

congrats on your first full band venture

#32 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 634 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 11:21 PM

congrats on your first full band venture

This! Big congrats! Nice to have that Springsteen tune in my library as full band :)

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#33 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 11:33 PM

This! Big congrats! Nice to have that Springsteen tune in my library as full band :)

Thanks both of you! More Springsteen is coming very very soon. (Thanks Spindoctor, MrBurpler and bsbloom!).

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#34 rcale

rcale
  • 410 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 07:18 PM

Really excited you've branched out into full band territory - with your taste in music it's exciting times ahead. May I politely request that Suede and David Bowie are considered for full bandosity if you have the time / inclination?

#35 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 914 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 07:44 PM

Shame on me for only just now discovering this really choice thread.

Great taste in music and some very select picks!

I'll be downloading a big portion of your work, but thanks especially for your choice of Deep Cuts for Young and Springsteen. :D

Keep up the great work!....It Rocks! :rock:

If I appear to be a little "off center", pay it no mind.

It's just my nogrognophobia kicking in.................

I have this morbidly unreasonable fear that the rum's run out! :D

#36 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 08:37 PM

Really excited you've branched out into full band territory - with your taste in music it's exciting times ahead. May I politely request that Suede and David Bowie are considered for full bandosity if you have the time / inclination?

Thanks!
As for your request - sure! There is one Suede song basically completed, except one extremely annoying harmony I just can't figure out. And there's one Bowie song where I've finished my work, and waiting on some collaborators to send theirs. So hopefully those two will be out soon.

As for the others, some of them don't have midis which makes the work harder, but I definitely plan to work do at least some of them. So there's stuff to look forward to!

Shame on me for only just now discovering this really choice thread.
Great taste in music and some very select picks!
I'll be downloading a big portion of your work, but thanks especially for your choice of Deep Cuts for Young and Springsteen. :D

Keep up the great work!....It Rocks! :rock:

Thanks as well! As you can probably tell, Bruce and Neil are among my darlings so you can definitely expect more of them being upgraded.
"Darkness" is already done, two further Bruce classics will be upgraded soon, and there will be more to follow. Also, some new songs (not upgrades) will be released too. It will take a while, but I have big plans :)

I'm flying tomorrow for a weekend in Amsterdam, so I won't be back here until Tuesday, but you can expect some more stuff next week :)

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#37 rcale

rcale
  • 410 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 08:49 PM

Thanks!

As for your request - sure! There is one Suede song basically completed, except one extremely annoying harmony I just can't figure out. And there's one Bowie song where I've finished my work, and waiting on some collaborators to send theirs. So hopefully those two will be out soon.

As for the others, some of them don't have midis which makes the work harder, but I definitely plan to work do at least some of them. So there's stuff to look forward to!

*Eyes closed and fingers crossed it's 'So Young'*

That all sounds brilliant. Thank you. Oh, and whilst I remember, if you ever feel like doing 'Babies' by Pulp, you'll have a grateful punter in waiting. :)

#38 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted February 22, 2018 - 01:53 AM

Nope - the song coming is "Trash". But on the other hand, both "Babies" and "So Young" are in my plans, so you'll get them both sooner or later. (Probably Babies first).

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#39 rcale

rcale
  • 410 posts

Posted February 22, 2018 - 08:02 AM

Amazing!

#40 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 205 posts

Posted March 3, 2018 - 01:12 AM

Three new full band updates!

RDNkNlh.jpg

It's been a good week for Springsteen fans. After "Pink Cadillac" and "Rosalita" made their way, two essential classics become full band customs today!

Many thanks to:

Spindoctor - who charted guitar and bass

MrBurpler - who charted pro keys and keys.

One of the greatest anthems Springsteen ever written, “Badlands” kicks off his 1978’s masterpiece “Darkness on the Edge of Town”. Since then it became a live staple (in fact it’s the second most played song in Bruce concert history – only behind “Born to Run”) and one of Springsteen’s most beloved song.

“Badlands” is also a perfect fit for Rock Band, and fun to play on all instruments. It’s based on a piano riff, and pro keys are quite challenging. Guitar is solid with a nice (albeit short) solo played by Bruce, drums by Max Weinberg are filled with entertaining fills (and one really quick drum roll!), bass by Garry Tallent is as solid as ever. And of course, vocals are a blast – both the lead vocal by Bruce, and the ultra-iconic and loud harmony voice by Stevie Van Zandt. In fact, while charting I discovered that for years when singing along, in large chunks of the song I’ve been singing the harmony part and not the lead!

ORNudgu.jpg

Many thanks to the great bsbloom, who did guitar, vocals, pro keys and keys!

A beautiful folk-rock ballad, and the title track of Bruce’s 5th album, “The River” tells the tale of Bruce’s brother-in-law. Led by an acoustic guitar and an haunting harmonica part, “The River” is a beautiful and touching tale of a man who re-adjusting his dreams, facing the harsh reality of life. It remains one of the most well loved songs in Springsteen’s catalog.

“The River” is based on acoustic guitar, so the guitar player will be playing a nice fingerpicking pattern, which develops into a strumming part. Keys are entertaining as well, alternating between harmonica, piano and organ. Bass is melodic and nice, drums are quite basic but still fun. And of course, singing the song is the highlight – and there’s also a nice harmony party by Stevie Van Zandt.

vCm3UXr.jpg

My favorite custom I did so far. “The Ship Song” is one of those songs that are just magical. Essentially a love song, it’s one of Nick Cave’s greatest moments, a huge beautiful anthem, and one of those songs I feel everyone should know.

“The Ship Song” is at core a piano ballad, so the keys chart is interesting for sure. You’ll be mostly playing the piano part, played by Nick Cave himself, but also a bit of Hammond organ, and the beautiful vibraphone solo in the end. Drums are surprisingly entertaining, bass is melodic and beautiful. Guitar is mostly just chords, so it’s the least interesting chart.

And on top of it all, the 3-part harmony is absolutely beautiful. While the main vocalist sing the song, the other two singers will accompany him with “ohhh”s and “ahhh”s. The second singer will also harmonize in the verse and chorus, and even get to sing the lead vocal in the last chorus (as the lead vocalist has a spoken word part over it), while the third singer keeps the “ahhh”s going. It’s honestly a magical song, and hopefully a magical custom too.

As always, I would love to hear any feedback, positive or negative! Especially regarding vocals as I can't really test them well with my equipment. Thanks!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users