Yaniv's drum workshop - Pavement 3-pack, Springsteen's Thunder Road Full Band! and 27 other drum tracks!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 05:48 PM

20.11 New release!

Pavement 'Crooked Rain Crooked Rain' 3-Pack

"Gold Soundz"

"Silence Kid"

"Unfair"

A 3 pack of highlights from one of the best rock albums of the 90's! Play along to the brilliant Gold Soundz (Pitchfork's best song of the 90's, and for a good reason!), the opener Silence Kid (man that tempo map was annoying to make, fun to play though!) and my personal favorite, the wild rocker 'Unfair'. Brilliant music and fun charts all around!

Old post:

Hey, and welcome to Yaniv’s drums workshop! where I post many drum customs  :)

My songs are drum only, expert only.

Why drum only? Well, basically I play Rock Band for drums. I suck at guitar and can’t play anything, let alone chart a song. And I use Phase Shift so no vocals for me. So it’s only drums.

Why expert only? Well, I made those for myself and honestly preferred to chart more songs than chart other difficulties. I have no clue how much demand there is for those charts, and if people will want lower difficulties (most of the songs aren’t hugely difficult anyway). If there’s demand for other difficulties for certain songs, let me know and I’ll do it.

So drum customs are cool, but full band ones are much cooler so that’s why I’m looking for collaborators.

If you liked those songs or style and would like to chart guitar/bass/anything else – contact me and we’ll make a cool full band custom! If you need someone to do drums for your project (in a similar musical style), let me know, maybe I’ll be interested :)

One last thing. All those songs have been through several rounds of testing, and I’ve tried my best to make the charts as true as possible to the drum track. Of course, I’m not perfect, so if you’ve found any mistakes – whether the chart or the tempo mapping - please let me know and I’ll gladly fix it!

So enough talking, here are the customs:

First full band collaboration! And it's quite possibly my favorite song of all time. Top three for sure.

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road

If you've wondered why Thunder Road, one of Springsteen's best songs (and my personal favorite) was suspiciously missing from 3 different Bruce packs... well here's your answer. A full band custom was in the making, collaboration with ejthedj, and now it's ready! Make sure you get it!

I would like to say a huge thank you to ejthedj, who done the majority of the work, including an absolutely insane (seriously, insane) pro keys chart. I've had a blast charting the drums (all difficulties) to this one.

Bruce Springsteen Classics 02

"Land of Hope and Dreams"

"No Surrender"

"The Promised Land"

Second Springsteen classics pack, and this time it represents several decades and not just the 70's! "The Promised Land" is another 70's classic from the Darkness album (see more below...), "No Surrender" covers the 80's, while "Land of Hope and Dreams" is an epic 7-minutes long fan favorite, debuted live in the 90's and finally released in 2012's "Wrecking Ball". All songs are a blast to play, so have fun!

Springsteen's Darkness at the Edge of Town pack

"Candy's Room"

"Darkness at the Edge of Town"

"Prove it All Night"

Even more Springsteen! And the second of the "classic albums" packs (after David Bowie's Low), it's a 3-pack of classics from the Darkness at the Edge of Town album. "Candy's Room" will test your endurance with a series of 16th notes (and it's a great song too!), "Prove it All Night" (my favorite of the bunch) is just a blast to play, while "Darkness" is a classic, powerful power ballad. With "Badlands" and "The Promised Land", I've now charted half of the album already. Hmmm...

The Replacements 01

"Can't Hardly Wait"

"Favorite Thing"

"Kiss Me On the Bus"

First customs in the database for the best punk band of all time! In my opinion of course. Anyway, each of their three classic albums is represented here. "Kiss Me On the Bus" (from "Tim") is a brilliant jangle-pop tune from, "Favorite Thing" (from "Let it Be") is full on, fast and loud punk (honestly I can't play it properly, it's too fast for me!) and my favorite Replacements song, "Can't Hardly Wait" (from "Pleased to Meet Me") is just a beautiful touching yet upbeat tune.

Bruce Springsteen Classics Pack 01

"Badlands"

"Backstreets"

"The River"

A pack of 3 absolute classics from Bruce. From the rousing "Badlands", to the chilly and beautiful "River", to the epic, amazing "Backstreets" - those are absolutely essential tunes IMO.

Neil Young Rock Classics Pack

"Everybody Knows This is Nowhere"

"Powderfinger"

"Walk On"

A three pack of great classic rockers by Neil. None too difficult, but fun to play! And Powderfinger chart keeps changing all the time (Seems like the drummer is figuring out his parts live...), which makes it quite annoying to chart but nice to play  :)

Nick Cave 01 Pack

Get Ready For Love

There She Goes, My Beautiful World

The Ship Song

Making his (As far as I’m aware) rhythm games debut (including customs), a three pack from alternative rock genius Nick Cave, and all three songs are incredibly fun to play! “Get Ready For Love” and “There She Goes, My Beautiful World” are both rocking, upbeat tunes with strong drumming from the “Abattoir Blues” album, while “The Ship Song” – one of Nick’s masterpiece – is a romantic ballad with surprisingly tricky drums.

Neil Young Deep Cuts Pack

Mellow My Mind

Revolution Blues

Winterlong

Another underrepresented artist, it’s a three pack of underrated tunes from Canadian rock genius Neil Young. “Mellow My Mind” is possibly my favorite Neil Young tune, it’s beautiful and it’s great to play. “Revolution Blues” is probably the most difficult song I’ve done – with a difficult, everchanging drum pattern. And “Winterlong” is a beautiful, lighter tune with amazing harmonies and it’s fun to drum along!

David Bowie’s ‘Low’ Pack

Always Crashing in the Same Car

Breaking Glass

Sound and Vision

Bowie’s hits are heavily represented, but his experimental songs not so much. Here’s a three pack from the ‘Low’ album – best album of the 70’s according to Pitchfork. “Sound and Vision” is an obvious classic, “Breaking Glass” is short, quirky and fun, while the hugely underrated “Always Crashing in the Same Car” includes quite a lot of fun drum fills.

Suede 01

"So Young"

"The Drowners"

"Trash"

The best britpop band in the world (Sorry Blur and Oasis!) with this great three pack. Two classics from the first album, both really fun on drums, and my favorite Suede song - the huge anthem "Trash". Have fun and make sure you sing along!

That’s it so far, but rest assured – a lot more are coming soon!

Any feedback would be hugely appreciated!

First full band collaboration released! And it's quite possibly my favorite song of all time. Top three for sure.

If you've wondered why Thunder Road, one of Springsteen's best songs (and my personal favorite) was suspiciously missing from 3 different Bruce packs... well here's your answer. A full band custom was in the making, collaboration with ejthedj, and now it's ready! Make sure you get it!

I would like to say a huge thank you to ejthedj, who done the majority of the work, including an absolutely insane (seriously, insane) pro keys chart. I've had a blast charting the drums (all difficulties) to this one.

#2 DrJewge

DrJewge
  • 11 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 06:33 PM

Wow! Some awesome tracks!
All I play are drums so it's great to have another dedicated drum charter about.

Any clues as to what future tracks we can expect?

#3 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 06:37 PM

Wow! Some awesome tracks!
All I play are drums so it's great to have another dedicated drum charter about.

Any clues as to what future tracks we can expect?

Thanks! There's much more to come, a lot I've already charted actually and just testing now. I really wants to make them good, so the testing sometimes takes a bit...

I'm new to this so I would love to hear any feedback on the charts :)

More from those artists, also a lot of other bands on my waiting list. So far I'm testing some Springsteen, Pavement, The Replacements, and many more bands are on the list.

In the meantime, here's a new 3-pack I just finished testing:

Suede 01

"So Young"

"The Drowners"

"Trash"

The best britpop band in the world (Sorry Blur and Oasis!) with this great three pack. Two classics from the first album, both really fun on drums, and my favorite Suede song - the huge anthem "Trash". Have fun and make sure you sing along!

#4 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 105 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 07:21 PM

Suede!

RE Your Expert Only:
You can use CAT reductions to at least get off the Expert only. I know there are a lot of people here who do like reductions, and at least using the automation gives them an option, even if it's not your handcrafted preference.

I'd definitely be willing to exchange some vocals for Suede for some drums. Been looking to chart more Vapors, so maybe that's up your alley. If you like Suede, it's up your alley. =-)

Anyway, thanks and welcome!

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE | VIMEO (superior)

#5 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 07:40 PM

I'll look into the cat thing, maybe I'll do the harder and the more popular songs.
Of course, if anyone wants to collab to make a full band song, I'll handle all difficulties by the book.

I'm ashamed to say I don't know Vapors - feel free to PM me some songs you wanna do! If I like them we can do them :)

And if you want to do Suede, PM me and I'll send you the RPPs and everything you need. I plan on doing more Suede sometimes too. I also want to do some Pulp who are similar, if you're into them.

#6 rcale

rcale
  • 299 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 10:57 PM

Oh wow. You have great taste! Ive been desperate for some Suede (especially from Suede and Dog Man Star), so I really hope someone adds bass to your work. :)

E: Pulp too!

#7 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 12:07 PM

Oh wow. You have great taste! Ive been desperate for some Suede (especially from Suede and Dog Man Star), so I really hope someone adds bass to your work. :)

Next Suede pack will definitely have Dog Man Star tunes too :)

Anyway, just finished testing more customs! and it's more Neil Young! So many of his classics are missing, I had to do some of them :)

NEW! Neil Young Rock Classics Pack

"Everybody Knows This is Nowhere"

"Powderfinger"

"Walk On"

A three pack of great classic rockers by Neil. None too difficult, but fun to play! And Powderfinger chart keeps changing all the time (Seems like the drummer is figuring out his parts live...), which makes it quite annoying to chart but nice to play :)

Edit: Replaced Ohio with Walk On!

#8 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 12:44 PM

Another day, another pack! 

Bruce Springsteen Classics Pack

"Badlands"

"Backstreets"

"The River"

A pack of 3 absolute classics from Bruce. From the rousing "Badlands", to the chilly and beautiful "River", to the epic, amazing "Backstreets" - those are absolutely essential tunes IMO.

As noted, it's a shame those are drums only - if anyone wants to help me turn them into full band ones, I'll be so happy to do it!

#9 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,515 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 01:22 PM

finally someone else doing Bruce  :excited:

#10 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 02:50 PM

There's a lot more Bruce coming, some very soon :).

Once again, if you want to chart guitars and other stuff for those songs, or at least some of them, it would be amazing.

#11 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,515 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 04:43 PM

make sure you check my WIP. I have lots of Bruce in progress

#12 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 05:02 PM

Yeah I know, I'm not doing any of the first two albums because of you! I'm doing some later stuff.

#13 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 105 posts

Posted October 22, 2017 - 04:31 AM

Hey Yaniv! Thanks again for the contributions. Was just playing some of your stuff and noticed there is no drum fill sections so there's no way to initiate overdrive. I think that's because in Phase Shift, you author differently and they aren't necessary. Just thought I'd drop a note in case you hadn't realized you needed it for RB authoring. 

#14 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 22, 2017 - 04:45 PM

Hey Yaniv! Thanks again for the contributions. Was just playing some of your stuff and noticed there is no drum fill sections so there's no way to initiate overdrive. I think that's because in Phase Shift, you author differently and they aren't necessary. Just thought I'd drop a note in case you hadn't realized you needed it for RB authoring. 

Oh thanks man! I honestly had no idea. I played it all in Phase Shift and was able to initiate overdrive easily. I'll go through the songs and fix it, thanks :)

What did you think of the charts otherwise?

#15 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 105 posts

Posted October 22, 2017 - 08:59 PM

Oh thanks man! I honestly had no idea. I played it all in Phase Shift and was able to initiate overdrive easily. I'll go through the songs and fix it, thanks :)

What did you think of the charts otherwise?

Played your Suede charts. Really good man. Awesome work!

#16 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted October 24, 2017 - 02:42 PM

24.10 Update: It's been brought to my attention that since I didn't author drum fills, all those tunes were impossible to gold star in RB3 (I didn't know that, in Phase Shift you can activate overdrive just fine without it!). Also, because of a bug I've had, all the album artworks were wrong - there was a very bad resolution picture of Springsteen instead.

Because of that, I've updated all the songs to include drum fills and proper artwork.

If you've downloaded an old version, please replace it with the new one! And if you find any further errors, please write me. Thanks :)

#17 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted November 4, 2017 - 11:36 PM

Hello, here's 9 new songs!

Bruce Springsteen Classics 02

"Land of Hope and Dreams"

"No Surrender"

"The Promised Land"

Second Springsteen classics pack, and this time it represents several decades and not just the 70's! "The Promised Land" is another 70's classic from the Darkness album (see more below...), "No Surrender" covers the 80's, while "Land of Hope and Dreams" is an epic 7-minutes long fan favorite, debuted live in the 90's and finally released in 2012's "Wrecking Ball". All songs are a blast to play, so have fun!

Springsteen's Darkness at the Edge of Town pack

"Candy's Room"

"Darkness at the Edge of Town"

"Prove it All Night"

Even more Springsteen! And the second of the "classic albums" packs (after David Bowie's Low), it's a 3-pack of classics from the Darkness at the Edge of Town album. "Candy's Room" will test your endurance with a series of 16th notes (and it's a great song too!), "Prove it All Night" (my favorite of the bunch) is just a blast to play, while "Darkness" is a classic, powerful power ballad. With "Badlands" and "The Promised Land", I've now charted half of the album already. Hmmm...

The Replacements 01

"Can't Hardly Wait"

"Favorite Thing"

"Kiss Me On the Bus"

First customs in the database for the best punk band of all time! In my opinion of course. Anyway, each of their three classic albums is represented here. "Kiss Me On the Bus" (from "Tim") is a brilliant jangle-pop tune from, "Favorite Thing" (from "Let it Be") is full on, fast and loud punk (honestly I can't play it properly, it's too fast for me!) and my favorite Replacements song, "Can't Hardly Wait" (from "Pleased to Meet Me") is just a beautiful touching yet upbeat tune.

Also, there's another album pack coming very soon - 3/3 songs charted, 2/3 songs approved, I'm just having some difficulties with the tempo of the last one. Once I'll get it right I'll upload all three!

Hope you loved those! And as always, if anyone wants to chart more instruments - to anything - PM me!

#18 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 10:17 PM

Hey, it's time to release my first full band collaboration! If you've wondered why Thunder Road, one of Springsteen's best songs (and my personal favorite) was suspiciously missing from 3 different Bruce packs... well here's your answer. A full band custom was in the making, collaboration with ejthedj, and now it's ready!

Get it here!

Also, on a minor note, I've updated 'Darkness at the Edge of Town' to include some missing tom hits from the pro-drums chart. So if you're playing pro, be sure to redownload it here.

There's much more coming, I'm quite busy at studying but there's more to look forward too!

#19 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 43 posts

Posted Today

A new release!

Pavement 'Crooked Rain Crooked Rain' 3-Pack

"Gold Soundz"

"Silence Kid"

"Unfair"

A 3 pack of highlights from one of the best rock albums of the 90's! Play along to the brilliant Gold Soundz (Pitchfork's best song of the 90's, and for a good reason!), the opener Silence Kid (man that tempo map was annoying to make, fun to play though!) and my personal favorite, the wild rocker 'Unfair'. Brilliant music and fun charts all around!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users