Completed song for reference?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 doa

doa
  • 100 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 04:02 PM

Has anyone ever uploaded a completed project file for reference for beginners to take a look at?

I'm making progress on my first custom (I've had a lot of help) and I'm at the point of adding overdrive and so on. As a visual learner it would be helpful for me to be able to look at a completed project to see how it all goes together. 

#2 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 645 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 04:12 PM

My suggestion is to extract the .mid file from any compiled con file with con tools, then make a new project in reaper, put your edit cursor on 3:1 and import the mid file.  You won't have audio to go with it, but you can take a look at things like fill lanes, overdrive (unison placement), animations, phrase markers, the events track, the venue track etc. etc.

Pick a song you're familiar with or have played a few times in the game.  Maybe an official C3 release because those are sure to be good ones.

-= My Profile =-    -= My Customs =-

#3 doa

doa
  • 100 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 04:32 PM

Thank you! Silly question - how do I know which songs are official C3 releases?

#4 Alternity

Alternity
  • 643 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 04:46 PM

All songs in the legacy databse are C3 releases; or you can use the current database and look for the C3 logo left to a song.

#5 doa

doa
  • 100 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 05:10 PM

Great, thanks very much! :)

#6 Koopa2215

Koopa2215
  • 60 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone ever uploaded a completed project file for reference for beginners to take a look at?

I'm making progress on my first custom (I've had a lot of help) and I'm at the point of adding overdrive and so on. As a visual learner it would be helpful for me to be able to look at a completed project to see how it all goes together. 

I recommend Radiohead's "Paranoid Android", it has everything.

#7 doa

doa
  • 100 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 06:29 PM

Thank you, I will take a look! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users