Jump to content

Avatar

Track out-of-sync in game

help sync tempo drums

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blahaszi

Blahaszi
  • 14 posts
  • Location
    Florida, U.S.

Posted October 8, 2017 - 07:22 PM

I recently made a custom song in which the drums are out-of-sync with the audio by about one measure (as in, the drums start a measure too late.) It looks perfectly fine when previewing it in REAPER, but it is off-beat in-game.

 

The drums track is the only track that has this problem. The guitar, bass, and vocals tracks are all correct.

 

I embedded the tempo map when exporting the MIDI, I double-checked that the BEAT track was timed correctly. I did everything I could think of that might be causing this issue but I cannot fix this problem no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated.

 

I don't know if I'm allowed to share the REAPER file, since it's a RB2 song that I re-made myself, but if anyone asks for it, I'd be happy to share the file.



#2 Blahaszi

Blahaszi
  • 14 posts
  • Location
    Florida, U.S.

Posted October 8, 2017 - 07:47 PM

Never mind, I fixed my problem. I believe it was being caused by the track starting with an overdrive phrase, since removing that seemed to fix it.



#3 sailingwhisper

sailingwhisper
  • 139 posts
  • Location
    United States

Posted October 8, 2017 - 10:27 PM

I've had problems like this. While it may not have applied to your situation, I remember a few songs I made where the tempo map and beat track was messed up, causing sync issues. Also after fixing that, I forgot to re-render the audio because fixing the MIDI de-sync required the audio to be aligned again. Once I fixed all that it was fine. Again not prevalent to your situation but just in case someone else is having issues :)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users