The MGMT (WIP) Project

MGMT WIP Discography Andrew VanWyngarden Ben Goldwasser Oracular Spectacular Congratulations Little Dark Age MrBurpler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 139 posts

Posted September 13, 2017 - 11:05 PM

The MGMT (WIP) Project

MGMT-008.jpg

MGMT (or "The Management" pre-2005) is an electronic duo started by two guy who met in university. they currently have 3 albums under their belt and have stated that another is finished and ready for release later this year (2017). With tracks like "Kids" and "Time to Pretend", and lesser known gems like "Flash Delirium" and "Alien Days", I can safely say that I'm anticipating the upcoming 4th album.

I've been humming and hawing about doing this for a while. The school semester just started, but I've been listening to them a lot recently (the first two albums especially) and I can just see the Rock Band highways with the midi notes in my head. Obviously - as evidenced by the post - I've decided to tackle It.

Now I'll need help, I am starting to chart pro-keys and vocals, but I don't consider myself to be that good at it. So if anyone would like to contribute, let me know in the thread or PM or whatever. Any and all help is appreciated since it lets me release customs faster. I think that given I have a terrible release history I'm not going to release packs, but when a song is done, then it's done and I won't save it for a pack release. This means a) I won't forget about the track since I'll be released when it's done, and B) you get more customs faster! Yay!

e92ec432.jpg

Oracular Spectacular
1. Time to Pretend <--- Charted by Fat Ha1p3rt
3. The Youth
5. Kids <--- HMX RB4 release
6. 4th Dimensional Transition
8. Of Moons, Birds & Monsters
9. The Handshake
10. Future Reflections

2d856f82.jpg

Congratulations

1. It's Working
2. Song for Dan Treacy
3. Someone's Missing
4. Flash Delirium <--- Can be found in this thread
5. I Found a Whistle
6. Siberian Breaks
8. Lady Dada's Nightmare
9. Congratulations <--- Charted by Ruggy

854c0087.jpg

MGMT

1. Alien Days
2. Cool Song No. 2
3. Mystery Disease
4. Introspection
5. Your Life Is a Lie
6. A Good Sadness
7. Astro-Mancy
8. I Love You Too, Death
9. Plenty of Girls in the Sea
10. An Orphan of Fortune

Little%20Dark%20Age.jpg

Little Dark Age

1. She Works Out Too Much
2. Little Dark Age
3. When You Die
4. Me and Michael
6. James
7. Days That Got Away
8. One Thing Left to Try
9. When You're Small
10. Hand It Over

Being Worked on now (Done):
  • The Youth
  • It's Working
  • Song for Dan Treacy (D)
  • Of Moons, Birds & Monsters (B,D,G,V,K)
  • The Handshake (B,D,V)

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#2 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 922 posts

Posted September 13, 2017 - 11:09 PM

Count me in for some of these.  I'd like to start with Brian Eno.   

Thanks for doing this Mr B

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#3 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 139 posts

Posted May 13, 2018 - 04:56 AM

First song, "Pieces of What"

KIsB6ta.jpg

http://customscreato...-of-what-r20944

This song is a pretty short, ballad type piece. Very simple, but it's a song that feels long and short at the same time. The instrumentation build from a simple acoustic guitar pattern, adding in the bass and keys, finally with the drums at the end to give the song that extra punch. The song then ends (rather abruptly) with a string section that carries the vocal melody that preceded it. It's simple, layered, and is a song that one can easily get lost to.

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#4 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 139 posts

Posted July 27, 2018 - 11:31 PM

Just in time for the weekend...

WaXqQeY.jpg

http://customscreato...end-wars-r21525

The second track off their debut album. This song features a really nice vocal part, that kinda soars on the track. This album as a whole features some great song writing, the chords and flow of the song just fit, and you kinda get lost in it all. The lyrics don't really make much sense, kinda singing about nonsense, but a lot of MGMT tracks do that. 

This track to me is highly overlooked, serving as the song that has to come after "Time to Pretend" I think it often gets over shadowed by it. It's a great song, fun instrumental parts, and another to add to the MGMT collection.

#5 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 139 posts

Posted December 3, 2018 - 08:16 PM

MGMT Mondays!

tYntA3l.jpg

http://customscreato...rian-eno-r22425

The single off of Congratulations. This whole album is amazing and was a different step for MGMT. This was the end of the kinda indie-pop hits of their debut as this album has more of a straight up psychedelic sound with lots of instrumentation and sounds that almost fit in with some of the psychedelic rock acts of the late 60s. Just with a more electronic sound.

This song is fast-paced, making every instrument a little more challenging as a result. The chorus on this track features a sort of call-and-answer with the vocals, I'd imagine this song would pretty good for a party setting.

#6 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 139 posts

Posted Yesterday

e763WBw.jpg

http://customscreato..._/tslamp-r22495

It's the same version from earlier.

Charted by Bat Ramps for FOF

Converted by Wolfpack Awoooo for us bois!

Upgrades to this song will appear. I don't know when it'll happen, I have a couple other songs I'd like to get to first.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MGMT, WIP, Discography, Andrew VanWyngarden, Ben Goldwasser, Oracular Spectacular, Congratulations, Little Dark Age, MrBurpler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users