Songs getting corrupted (Customs & official DLCs) for no reason + customs not loading

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Thrashminded

Thrashminded
  • 3 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 09:35 PM

Hello,

So here's my problem : I've been playing customs for quite a while now, and it seems like the more I add, the more customs won't appear ingame. I have both a fatx USB and a fat32 one, sometimes putting a song on the fatx one wil make it appear ingame, sometimes I have to put it on the other one, sometimes it just doesn't work at all. I used to use xtafGUI, now using C3CONtools, neither of them could help me resolve anything. I tried deleting all cached content, pluging only one, then only the other usb. I don't know what else to say, it seems to happen with any kind of song, completely randomly, for absolutely no reason. If you're missing info about the issue, I would be glad to give you more specific details, but please, the frustration is at its paroxysm right now.

Thanks by advance for helping.

#2 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 364 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 10:02 PM

Welcome to the forums. You say you keep adding songs. How many are there exactly? Because you might be experiencing the effects of the dreaded song limit phenomenon.

Conflicting song IDs can also cause songs to be hidden.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#3 Thrashminded

Thrashminded
  • 3 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 11:27 PM

Okay so basically the conflicting ID-s can explain a part of it, but for the rest, I for now have 190 songs on a dedicated USB (fat32), added directly through the windows explorer by unhiding hidden files. The weird part comes when it's always the same customs that won't show, like for example ho's down, which used to show as corrupted on the fatx USB but doesn't even appear on the dedicated one. I tried deleting it then adding it back through RBtoUSB, but same thing happen, and I guess this is not cause by an ID conflict because that song ain't in the game. Might you know what the limit is and if it's something fixed or random ? Thanks for the help tho !

Edit : Forgot to precise some other weird things happened, like a song would appear as corrupted if I added it with other ones simultaneously, but would work well if I added it alone, maybe this would help.

#4 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 756 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 12:37 AM

The song limit is just a few shy of 3,000, so it shouldn't be a problem here.

I'd recommended deleting your song cache to see if that causes some of the songs to show up. If not, try my Custom Library Viewer tool to see if any of your songs have duplicate IDs!

#5 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,411 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 01:34 AM

Are you deleting content from the Xbox Dashboard? If not, I went through reformatting 2 sticks over the years before realizing deleting files on a PC will eventually lead to issues.

#6 Thrashminded

Thrashminded
  • 3 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 02:50 AM

Gonna try to format everything through the Xbox tomorrow, then use the tool to see if it can fix the duplicate ID problem. I'll let you know if it can fix some things. I also have something new, if it can help : I added a custom yesterday, today it got corrupted, then I moved it from my USB to my xbox HDD and it seemed to fix the corruption since I could play it right after... Once again thanks to everyone for the help, much appreciated !

#7 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 56 posts

Posted October 24, 2018 - 11:35 PM

Are you deleting content from the Xbox Dashboard? If not, I went through reformatting 2 sticks over the years before realizing deleting files on a PC will eventually lead to issues.

deleting the files through the con tools program leads to issues? you shouldn't delete or extract the files?

i think i just corrupted my drive

does something happen with mulitiple id's i'm seeing muiltiple numbers and one has a song cach in it

#8 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 56 posts

Posted October 24, 2018 - 11:37 PM

Welcome to the forums. You say you keep adding songs. How many are there exactly? Because you might be experiencing the effects of the dreaded song limit phenomenon.

Conflicting song IDs can also cause songs to be hidden.

what's the limit?

#9 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,411 posts

Posted October 25, 2018 - 11:09 AM

deleting the files through the con tools program leads to issues? you shouldn't delete or extract the files?

i think i just corrupted my drive

does something happen with mulitiple id's i'm seeing muiltiple numbers and one has a song cach in it

It used to happen for sure with the older system format. When Microsoft changed to the new one it probably went away but I'm not 100% sure.

#10 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 56 posts

Posted October 25, 2018 - 10:45 PM

It used to happen for sure with the older system format. When Microsoft changed to the new one it probably went away but I'm not 100% sure.

currently i have 2004 songs out of 2006 show up in my library

i have norrowed it down to rihanna's don't stop the music and josie and the pussycats money that's what i want. they don't have id's that overlap with any other song.

i deleted both and now it says 2005 out of 2006

this is strange as both songs didn't show up i'm sure in the library. that would imply one more song...

i opened them up with with magma and the rihanna song had issues with charting it said...

what could corrupt these files or the one i missed?

#11 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 56 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 05:39 PM

so on a different usb both show up. with advice from someone i deleted my song cash so the rihanna song shows up but there are still 2 that don't. i changed the id of the pussycats song and it is one that doesn't show and well i have to figure out how to track the other one. any help on why this is doing this?

i've exported the list as a csv and i shouldn't have any duplicate number id's

#12 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 56 posts

Posted November 26, 2018 - 08:17 PM

so do duplicate names affect things? pink floyds money is switched with the josie one. that's what i found out so far.

and the other is missing. perhaps because both are named moneyv1 and moneyv3?

so can someone help me with how to rename the file name properly? is that with dta editor? or something with magma?

#13 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 350 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 12:47 PM

It's partly songs.dta and partly the internal structure of a CON file. High up in a songs.dta file, you'll find the song's shortname, which is also used to name files and the filter inside the CON file. If you extract everything, rename the files and folder, as well as the relevant entries in the songs.dta file (don't forget the midi file's name further down), you can repack it with CON Tools and it should work. This does mean you need to delete your song cache, or use a new song id.

#14 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 56 posts

Posted November 27, 2018 - 03:34 PM

It's partly songs.dta and partly the internal structure of a CON file. High up in a songs.dta file, you'll find the song's shortname, which is also used to name files and the filter inside the CON file. If you extract everything, rename the files and folder, as well as the relevant entries in the songs.dta file (don't forget the midi file's name further down), you can repack it with CON Tools and it should work. This does mean you need to delete your song cache, or use a new song id.

thanks i figured as much. i just tried renaming the dta info and file name. but couldn't tell if that would work for some reason i can't get pink floyds money to even work. though it gets mixed up with another file. outside of that i have one more stray song i can't figure out....i've been deleting my cash so many times lately. :( odd some songs still had scores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users