• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 08:58 AM

Hi everyone.

I'd like to ask you for a little help, I've already been looking by myself for a long time, but the more content I can get, the better and you might be able to help me out.

So here it goes. We're going to organize a gaming night with some friends and obviously we will be playing Phase Shift. People attending there has a mixed musical taste and I get to manage all the music in the event. So I thought that besides playing the classical videogame music like the OST for Zelda, Final Fantasy and so on, I'd like to introduce licensed music that has appeared in videogames, of artists such as Nirvana, Guns and Roses or any music style that appears in any kind of music such as Need For Speed, GTA, Burnout, Fifa...

As I said, the more music I can put onto the playlist the better, that way everyone can be satisfied. I've already found and selected a list of games that I'll detail at the bottom of this post.

The idea for this thread is that you say games that have licensed songs in them and I'll add some of every game into that playlist.

It doesn't matter the genre, age or platform of the game as long as the song appears in the game itself wether it's in the intro, menus, in-game or credits, but not in trailers or any kind of promotional material. Also the game cannot be a musical/rythm game.

Here is the list of games and I hope that thanks to you I can make it bigger.

Thanks a lot, greetings

#2 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 569 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 10:15 AM

A lot of big name racing game franchises have their soundtracks archived at NFSSoundtrack.com.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Right and right, left and left, spin and turn, and a great big smile.

#3 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 11:00 AM

A lot of big name racing game franchises have their soundtracks archived at NFSSoundtrack.com.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This was the first page that I found. Thanks for the reply

Also, I saw all the games in vgost wikia

#4 mrcoupdetat

mrcoupdetat
  • 160 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 04:33 PM

"TNT" by AC/DC was in one of the Tony Hawk games. 

"New York Groove," "Cry," "Evil Woman," "Heaven and Hell," "Her Strut," "Jailbreak," "Mama," "One Vision," "I Wanna Be Your Dog," "The Seeker," and "1979" were in Grand Theft Auto 4.

"Lonely is the Night," "Hollywood Nights," "Night Moves," "If You Leave Me Now," "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting," "Baker Street," "The Break Up Song," "Too Late for Goodbyes," "Radio Ga Ga," "Rock'n Me," "Rain," "Black Velvet," "Fortunate Son," "Cat's in the Cradle," "Carry On Wayward Son," "Danger Zone," "We Built This City," "Roundabout," "Gimme All Your Lovin'," "I Want It That Way," "Party All the Time," and "Highwayman" were in Grand Theft Auto 5.

#5 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 06:28 PM

"TNT" by AC/DC was in one of the Tony Hawk games. 

"New York Groove," "Cry," "Evil Woman," "Heaven and Hell," "Her Strut," "Jailbreak," "Mama," "One Vision," "I Wanna Be Your Dog," "The Seeker," and "1979" were in Grand Theft Auto 4.

"Lonely is the Night," "Hollywood Nights," "Night Moves," "If You Leave Me Now," "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting," "Baker Street," "The Break Up Song," "Too Late for Goodbyes," "Radio Ga Ga," "Rock'n Me," "Rain," "Black Velvet," "Fortunate Son," "Cat's in the Cradle," "Carry On Wayward Son," "Danger Zone," "We Built This City," "Roundabout," "Gimme All Your Lovin'," "I Want It That Way," "Party All the Time," and "Highwayman" were in Grand Theft Auto 5.

Thanks you!!

#6 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 760 posts

Posted September 1, 2017 - 08:26 PM

Gotta have the Borderlands series, my man. Three songs in particular:

And this song was used in promotional materials, which is against your rules, but god damn if it isn't awesome:

Have fun! :rock:

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#7 Sygenysis

Sygenysis
  • 152 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 12:42 AM

I'll always recommend the ATV Offroad Fury series of games music (especially considering we've done a ton of songs off of the first two games' soundtracks):

From the first game: Alice in Chains - Them Bones, Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver, Soundgarden - Spoonman, Bender - Superfly

From the second: Cypress Hill - Amplified, Deadsy - The Key to Gramercy Park, Lostprophets - Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja, Mekon - What's Goin' On?

#8 Russell_GuitarGuy

Russell_GuitarGuy
  • 157 posts

Posted September 2, 2017 - 01:34 PM

Have you tried the soundtrack from Cars?

http://nfssoundtrack.com/cars-2006/

#9 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 896 posts

Posted September 4, 2017 - 11:34 PM

Revolution X (arcade) - An old light-gun shooter that featured both Aerosmith's music and Aerosmith themselves.  Wikipedia has a list of songs that were featured in-game.

Journey (arcade) - "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" by Journey - Even though the game came out in 1983, the song actually wasn't chiptuned, but instead was piped in from a cassette player inside the arcade cabinet.

Journey Escape (Atari 2600) - chiptune version of "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey

Bomb Jack (Commodore 64) - chiptune version of "Les Chants Magnétiques II" by Jean Michel Jarre

Yie Ar Kung Fu (Commodore 64) - chiptune version of "Les Chants Magnétiques IV" by Jean Michel Jarre

Track and Field (arcade) - chiptune version of "Chariots of Fire" by Vangelis

California Games (multiple systems) - chiptune version of "Louie Louie" by the Kingsmen

Several pinball tables have licensed songs as part of their soundtrack.  Tables released before the mid '90s used chiptune renditions.  Off the top of my head I can think of:

• Twilight Zone - "Twilight Zone" by Golden Earring
  • The Getaway: High Speed II - "La Grange" by ZZ Top
  • Lethal Weapon 3 - "Gonna Make You Sweat" by C+C Music Factory, "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon - "Rock around the Clock" by Bill Haley's Comets, "Get a Job" by the Silhouettes, "Red River Rock" by Johnny and the Hurricanes, "Willie and the Hand Jive" by Johnny Otis, "Summertime Blues" by Eddie Cochran
  • The Who's Tommy - various songs from the album Tommy
  • AC/DC - various songs by the band
  • Metallica - various songs by the band
  • Guns N' Roses - various songs by the band

Finally, this is a bit of a stretch, but several classic game compilations have included classic pop songs to serve as background music:

• Activision Anthology for the PS2 (song list here)
  • Activision Anthology: Remix Edition for Mac/Windows (song list here)
  • NamcoMuseum 50th Anniversary for the PS2 among others (song list here)

You could also make a case for games based on movies and TV shows that use songs written for the movie or show, like Ghostbusters or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

#10 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted September 6, 2017 - 06:15 PM

Thanks you guys!!

I can't find the OST for the GNR pinball, help me please

#11 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 377 posts

Posted September 6, 2017 - 09:36 PM

Dream Theater did the soundtrack for the Sega Satum pinball game Necronomicon. I don't have a list and I don't know if any songs made it outside of the game. I'll check the manual tomorrow.

Edit- nevermind. There were two songs and they are called Necronomicon Prologue and -Epilogue.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users