DemonUnicorns WIP Thread

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted October 31, 2017 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for your votes, guys. The winning selection has been determined. :)

I have quite a number of releases lined up for December (more on that this week, stick to the forums).

At the dawn of the new year I hope to begin my share of the work on the 3 albums I have listed in my OP.

#22 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted January 19, 2018 - 02:29 AM

Update time! I got all the drum parts done for Carnavas.

I also added:

Jimi Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner (Live at Woodstock)
Black Sabbath - Paranoid

#23 Dangus

Dangus
  • 436 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 12:23 AM

You've got some great stuff coming! Thanks as always Demon! :)

#24 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 04:20 AM

Progress noted in the OP.

eyes_1f440.png

#25 Threespy

Threespy
  • 25 posts

Posted May 21, 2018 - 11:48 PM

+1 for Future Foe Scenarios and Three Seed!

#26 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted May 22, 2018 - 12:59 AM

+1 for Future Foe Scenarios and Three Seed!

We hope to have this out very soon!

#27 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 292 posts

Posted May 22, 2018 - 11:30 AM

Those Ride songs are very exciting. Hope to see them soon! BTW I can help with some of them if you wish :)

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Spotify Playlist of all my releases

Notable Projects:

The National Homecoming Festival! Huge project featuring LOADS of tracks from the National, plus a bunch of openers!

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#28 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted May 22, 2018 - 07:32 PM

Those Ride songs are very exciting. Hope to see them soon! BTW I can help with some of them if you wish :)

Once we release Carnavas, I'll be putting all my attention on the Ride songs! I'll let you know if I need any help, thanks!

#29 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted December 8, 2018 - 10:47 PM

At the beginning of this year I set out to chart three full albums. With my lovely collaborators, we were able to bring you Slowdive's Souvlaki as well as Silversun Pickups' Carnavas. However, I am still currently in progress on Ride's Nowhere, to be completed in the next year. In addition to these fantastic albums, I was able to cross off 31 tracks from the Smashing Pumpkins Discography WIP as well as the hit Black Sabbath single "Paranoid".

For the coming year, my attention is currently on Ride's Nowhere as well as...another Black Sabbath hit single. But beyond these releases, I am looking to launch a new big project for M83. I have currently done one track by M83 ("Teen Angst"), and Chainsaw Octopus has done their biggest song ("Midnight City"). I've seen many people excited for the prospect of M83 songs in Rock Band, so I'd like to know which songs you would be interested in having. Please vote, thank you!

#30 murlatok

murlatok
  • 175 posts

Posted December 11, 2018 - 10:35 AM

M83! Great! Besides the songs highlighted in the poll I'd add 'Road Blaster' to the list since there are stems available for this one.

#31 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted December 11, 2018 - 03:10 PM

M83! Great! Besides the songs highlighted in the poll I'd add 'Road Blaster' to the list since there are stems available for this one.

I'll definitely make sure to track those stems down, thanks!

#32 Derekô

Derekô
  • 99 posts

Posted December 14, 2018 - 07:39 AM

Not much of a Junk guy, personally, but I would be stoked on everything else youve thrown up there for consideration. Early M83 is so good and Ive been pining to strum along to Wait in Rock Band for years now. Very excited to see your progress on these at some point.

OM2uucL.png

#33 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted December 14, 2018 - 04:22 PM

Not much of a Junk guy, personally, but I would be stoked on everything else youve thrown up there for consideration. Early M83 is so good and Ive been pining to strum along to Wait in Rock Band for years now. Very excited to see your progress on these at some point.

Not a huge fan of Junk either, but I do like the guitar solo in "Go!" as well as the synth solo in "Solitude".

I plan on releasing each of the songs in the poll in the coming year. I am trying to gauge interest, so please point me to any other M83 songs you guys might like to see! There are certainly many others I would like to do. I'm very familiar with their entire discography, and while I enjoy it all, there are definitely lots of songs that probably wouldn't translate well to Rock Band (particularly on the albums M83 and Digital Shades Vol. 1, which are mostly ambient).

#34 jassdown

jassdown
  • 11 posts

Posted January 3, 2019 - 06:06 PM

Cool to have more M83 songs in Rock Band. Especially tracks from Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. Now if only I could find someone who would do "The Midnight" Nocturnal album. I'd be in heaven.

Cant wait to play more M83!! Great work.

J

#35 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 786 posts

Posted Yesterday

Poll Closed.

Thank you everyone for your votes. M83 has two songs in the database, and that is going to change this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users