Guitar Hero II Xplorer Whammy Bar Issues?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 477 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 02:20 AM

This is absolutely bumfuzzling.

I have, within the past couple of months, acquired a Guitar Hero II Xplorer, and it's a fine guitar, and everything on it works fine - except for the whammy bar. It's not dead or flat, it just doesn't work. Holding the bar down does nothing - it used to, but now it doesn't work. Recently - and I experienced this during a session of Guitar Hero III - the whammy bar is basically working, despite me not holding the strum bar down. As in, I'm not holding the whammy bar down, but every sustain is still affected by the whammy bar. My best guess is that the mechanism inside the guitar broke, but if anyone else has other ideas, I'd appreciate them.

I generally dislike myself.

#2 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,120 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 02:41 AM

My best guess is that the mechanism inside the guitar broke

Sounds like you already figured it out. You might be able to fix it, I've definitely jury-rigged some parts on my first Xplorer.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#3 ManicPixieGirl

ManicPixieGirl
  • 135 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 05:10 AM

There are like a million fixes for that on youtube. Some with just using a rubber band.

#4 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 477 posts

Posted August 11, 2017 - 11:31 PM

There are like a million fixes for that on youtube. Some with just using a rubber band.

I am well aware of this, I was merely asking if there was anything different about my case, seeing as how all of the examples I viewed involved flat/dead whammy bars being the most obvious symptom, and the mechanism being obliterated the root cause. I'm on to fixing it, I was just curious as to why my whammy bar didn't exhibit such signs, and if there was any possible difference relating to the problem before I went to fix it.

I generally dislike myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users