Porting rock band customs to Frets On Fire/Guitar Hero PC?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thatguymalone

thatguymalone
  • 2 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 04:29 PM

I would like to be able to play some of these custom songs, but I only have Guitar Hero 3 and Frets on Fire for PC, which both use .chart files to render notes. Is there any way to convert these Xbox-compatible custom song files to a format that can be read by either of these games? Thanks in advance.

#2 Alternity

Alternity
  • 766 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 04:46 PM

At this point why not try Phase Shift? It is a pretty light game performance-wise and C3 CON Tools already converts for this game.

#3 bostengaable

bostengaable
  • 258 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 05:00 PM

Like Alternity says, try use the C3 con to phase shift tool, try download phase shift for pc, to play them on pc.

download the C3ConTools here: http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/8997-list-of-all-authoring-stuff-reaper-magma-tutorials-etc/ 

after the download, open the program and click on a button called phase shift converter drag and drop folder with cons or the con separate, and click on convert.

#4 ElectricSkylab

ElectricSkylab
  • 97 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 05:12 PM

Tutorial on how to convert RB3 midis to GH3.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yp2ox3c5DRg

#5 thatguymalone

thatguymalone
  • 2 posts

Posted July 27, 2017 - 11:56 AM

All of this is super helpful thank you all. I do have one more question though: The files I downloaded that were said to be xbox customs did not have a file extension. Mediafire listed them as .so files but I don't know a whole lot about that. Can those be put into mid2chart or are they something entirely different?

#6 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,841 posts

Posted July 27, 2017 - 02:33 PM

So you're ignoring the advice to get Phase Shift instead, and not doing your own research on the type of file system they have or even how mid2chart works. Good luck getting anything done with that level of interest.

#7 Alternity

Alternity
  • 766 posts

Posted July 27, 2017 - 02:35 PM

Theses files are CON files; they are extiensionless and they are containers like rar files. You can extract them using C3 CON Tools.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users