Authoring influences and appreciation

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 589 posts

Posted April 12, 2018 - 09:31 PM

Lastly, I'd like to thank Atruejedi. Atruejedi is reading this now, Atruejedi is part of the community, and this wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for Atruejedi.

:wub:

Above and beyond the call of duty, dude. Typical.

I've not posted in this thread, but if anybody reading this is familiar with my other posts, I've given many shout-outs to the titans of the community elsewhere. Attempting to repeat myself risks leaving somebody out, so I'll restrain myself.

I like nice people. You are nice. I like you.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - Custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#22 FUGGNUTZ

FUGGNUTZ
  • 24 posts

Posted April 13, 2018 - 04:37 AM

Everyone is an influence when we play each other's charts regularly. Beyond that, obviously we were all influenced by Harmonix's charting style.

#23 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 912 posts

Posted April 13, 2018 - 11:48 PM

I don't know how after all this time, I've never bumped into this thread!

All I can say is that this very forum is a beacon of positivity and if this site were to be the model as to how people could learn to be honest, respectful, helpful and thoughtful to each other on the internet, this would be the place. Granted, there are the occasional disagreements, rude behavior and/or misunderstandings that happen here (just like anywhere else) but as there is an obvious hierarchy here that one gets to understand (if you hang out long enough and don't seek to purposely get 'yer ass canned) and learns to act accordingly, it's really pretty cool.

Our "Village Elders", Farattone, Mods and long standing members who understand and abide by the "little stickies at the top of the page" have always led by a fine and admirable example. Pksage's ideals (whether he knows it or not) have set the personality and tone of this great place.

Newbies (by virtue of how cyberspace is in this day and age) come and take and may even make a mess in our home. But our door is always open and people are very welcome to come in, enjoy and share in the (gratis) wealth provided by our wonderfully talented authors and great members........ but the line is drawn when our house rules are broken. I've seen on many occasions where it's pretty damn obvious that people don't know (or even care) that certain key elements of the "Read Me Or Die" sticky note are violated. I guess there are people who can't be bothered with details.....all they want is to get what they came for. But, hey.....people are people. They come in all shapes and sizes, etc.,etc. 

My appreciation goes to the founders of C3 for even coming up with the idea of 'releasing just a few more songs' after Harmonix elected to discontinue new releases for RB3!!!  You moderators, who do what you do with that certain degree of finesse (love 'ya Bansheeflyer....your sig says it all) and to all you authors, collaborators and general all around cool people that are here on a regular basis......Thanks for putting smiles on our faces with your wonderful work and know that your efforts are certainly very much enjoyed by me, the mrs. and our respective families who still come by to share in the fun and games. We've also made a few good friends in getting to know some of you thru PM....y'all know who you are! To everyone who hangs here at C3 and has fun like we do.....thanks! We feed off the energy too! 

#24 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,776 posts

Posted April 14, 2018 - 12:09 AM

I don't know how after all this time, I've never bumped into this thread!

All I can say is that this very forum is a beacon of positivity and if this site were to be the model as to how people could learn to be honest, respectful, helpful and thoughtful to each other on the internet, this would be the place. Granted, there are the occasional disagreements, rude behavior and/or misunderstandings that happen here (just like anywhere else) but as there is an obvious hierarchy here that one gets to understand (if you hang out long enough and don't seek to purposely get 'yer ass canned) and learns to act accordingly, it's really pretty cool.

Our "Village Elders", Farattone, Mods and long standing members who understand and abide by the "little stickies at the top of the page" have always led by a fine and admirable example. Pksage's ideals (whether he knows it or not) have set the personality and tone of this great place.

Newbies (by virtue of how cyberspace is in this day and age) come and take and may even make a mess in our home. But our door is always open and people are very welcome to come in, enjoy and share in the (gratis) wealth provided by our wonderfully talented authors and great members........ but the line is drawn when our house rules are broken. I've seen on many occasions where it's pretty damn obvious that people don't know (or even care) that certain key elements of the "Read Me Or Die" sticky note are violated. I guess there are people who can't be bothered with details.....all they want is to get what they came for. But, hey.....people are people. They come in all shapes and sizes, etc.,etc. 

My appreciation goes to the founders of C3 for even coming up with the idea of 'releasing just a few more songs' after Harmonix elected to discontinue new releases for RB3!!!  You moderators, who do what you do with that certain degree of finesse (love 'ya Bansheeflyer....your sig says it all) and to all you authors, collaborators and general all around cool people that are here on a regular basis......Thanks for putting smiles on our faces with your wonderful work and know that your efforts are certainly very much enjoyed by me, the mrs. and our respective families who still come by to share in the fun and games. We've also made a few good friends in getting to know some of you thru PM....y'all know who you are! To everyone who hangs here at C3 and has fun like we do.....thanks! We feed off the energy too! 

Mary-7.gif

#25 Funk Meister Freud

Funk Meister Freud
  • 912 posts

Posted April 14, 2018 - 12:37 AM

Dammit dude...... I was doing just fine until you had to bring my ex into this! :D

giphy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users