Songs you can't believe haven't been done yet?

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#61 ajipro

ajipro
  • 63 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 03:29 AM

Initial D songs!
Running in the 90's and Deja Vu would be SICK to play

#62 clintilona

clintilona
  • 629 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 04:01 AM

AJFOne and/or MissingElements are working on that

Good to hear. If they are close and only need vox/harms, I can probably find some time to contribute.
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#63 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 913 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 02:58 PM

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#64 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 275 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 03:07 PM

1000x YES!

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/PS)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

SEE WIP THREAD

STARBIRD WITH YOUR LIGHT LEAD US ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#65 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 58 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 05:55 PM

Couple more:

Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract

Was (Not Was) - Walk the Dinosaur

Can - Vitamin C

#66 ClubSteve

ClubSteve
  • 67 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 07:04 PM

forgot about that one.....

#67 clintilona

clintilona
  • 629 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 07:12 PM

Can't remember if I got it on the forums, but I have a FB version of this charted by Jimi using karaoke stems.

**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#68 ClubSteve

ClubSteve
  • 67 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 07:31 PM

crimson and clover - prince. exceptional cover with great guitar. how did this not get any radio play?

https://youtu.be/rpTETTKCQkA

#69 Ezequiel1996

Ezequiel1996
  • 58 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 07:50 PM

Berlin - Take My Breath Away 
Alphaville - Big in Japan 
Air Supply - All Out Of Love 
Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone 
Rod Stewart - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? 
ELO - Last Train to London 
Survivor - Burning Heart 
Eric Carmen - All by Myself
Bryan Ferry - Slave to Love 
Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling 
Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong 
Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart 
Chic - Le Freak
Tina Turner - The Best 
T.Rex - Metal Guru 

#70 ManicPixieGirl

ManicPixieGirl
  • 156 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 08:36 PM

Yeah it'd be real nice to have some sort of request list where each user gets to vote for like 5 or 10 songs (like how they did with the Rock Band Blitz Facebook app) so that we can see which are the most requested. That would probably make it more likely that the top requested songs would get charted.

I know it's not practical or possible but a bounty system would have been cool. Like someone requests a song and puts a dollar in a metaphoric paypal jar, and then others who also want that song add some pocket change too, and then the higher the pot, the more likely someone makes the chart to collect. That way the charters get paid for their work. But of course, there is always the problem of the chart meeting proper standards or what to do if multiple people worked on it.

#71 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,368 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 12:16 AM

I know it's not practical or possible but a bounty system would have been cool. Like someone requests a song and puts a dollar in a metaphoric paypal jar, and then others who also want that song add some pocket change too, and then the higher the pot, the more likely someone makes the chart to collect. That way the charters get paid for their work. But of course, there is always the problem of the chart meeting proper standards or what to do if multiple people worked on it.

And there's always the problem of that being against the forum rules.

But it would be cool to have a requests widget like the one Harmonix had when RB4 was announced. Except it also displays the requested songs rather than just a submission box.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#72 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 258 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 01:09 AM

And there's always the problem of that being against the forum rules.

But it would be cool to have a requests widget like the one Harmonix had when RB4 was announced. Except it also displays the requested songs rather than just a submission box.

Well the idea could still work. You see, they wouldn't be dollars and cents of money, they'd be metaphorical dollars and cents of the love and adulation of your fellow C3 forumgoers, all wrapped up into a nice $2 valentine's day heart box from the local craft store! Surely that would be worthwhile incentive to chart the latest and greatest Avenged Sevenfold album in full

On a more serious note, I do remember ye olde C3 Show Floor having a "bounty board" system with a list of generally popular songs, but that subforum's no longer accessible and I don't remember anything about how that actually worked aside from being a list.

It would be cool to have numbers for requests instead of just guessing based on how many times you noticed a particular song/artist show up in a request thread, though.

check out my customs thread for some COOL FUCKIN SHIT!!!

Rpbw4bh.png

---

i think that indie band pink floyd really messed up when they didntmake that whole song money just the cash register sounds
pink floyd's "the wall" is an entire concept album about a man who needs no education because his dream is simply to build a lovely big wall

#73 Samyaza

Samyaza
  • 58 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 02:02 AM

On a more serious note, I do remember ye olde C3 Show Floor having a "bounty board" system with a list of generally popular songs, but that subforum's no longer accessible and I don't remember anything about how that actually worked aside from being a list.

It's actually still on the wiki. The forum link's broken, though.

#74 bsbloom

bsbloom
  • 361 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 05:28 AM

I'll have a go at Crossroads.

#75 bsbloom

bsbloom
  • 361 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 05:29 AM

I'll have a go at Crossroads.

#76 ClubSteve

ClubSteve
  • 67 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 05:59 AM

lowdown - boz scaggs

friends - blake shelton

the dance electric - andre cymone

she's always in my hair - prince - some serious guitar in this one.

#77 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 755 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 01:34 PM

lowdown - boz scaggs

friends - blake shelton

the dance electric - andre cymone

she's always in my hair - prince - some serious guitar in this one.

You misspelled Lido Shuffle there, friend.

#78 ClubSteve

ClubSteve
  • 67 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 03:27 PM

You misspelled Lido Shuffle there, friend.

oh, yeah....forgot to put that one in. lowdown did reach #3 on the u.s. billboard chart though.

#79 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,396 posts

Posted July 5, 2017 - 03:39 PM

It didn't. Check how many requests are actually filled by authors in this forum and you'll understand why. ;) Money might be an incentive but I'm not sure. You work 12/14 hours on a song for how much? 10 dollars? If you ring a neighbour and ask them to blow their leaves you might make more in an hour. 100 dollars? That's still a low rate for a very skilled job, but who would play that kind of money for one song? Forums rules notwithstanding of course.

#80 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,463 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted July 5, 2017 - 04:20 PM

Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling 

If memory serves, the charting community was split on the proper lyrics of the chant at the beginning, and agreed to shelve it indefinitely until the actual written lyrics were uncovered by rock archaeologists in the distant future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users