Songs you can't believe haven't been done yet?

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#261 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,284 posts

Posted April 6, 2018 - 07:25 PM

This is just a general request dump thread at this point.

How come nobody's charted this obscure grindcore band from a small Kansas town that made an EP for their neighbor's cow sometime in 1989 yet?

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#262 glarms

glarms
  • 419 posts

Posted April 6, 2018 - 07:48 PM

How come nobody's charted this obscure grindcore band from a small Kansas town that made an EP for their neighbor's cow sometime in 1989 yet?

Couldn't have said it better myself

#263 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 02:36 AM

I'd download that.
But yeah, this thread went off the deep-end a long time ago.

I generally dislike myself.

#264 Axzalor

Axzalor
  • 10 posts

Posted April 12, 2018 - 10:19 AM

Any The Killers song

#265 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,350 posts

Posted April 12, 2018 - 10:26 AM

I think the shark has been jumped.

#266 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,350 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 06:26 PM

Let's give it another try, OP is responsible for some moderation.

#267 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,443 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted April 16, 2018 - 08:07 PM

Sounds like Blinded by the Light is a pretty popular choice.   :shobon:

Yeah it'd be real nice to have some sort of request list where each user gets to vote for like 5 or 10 songs (like how they did with the Rock Band Blitz Facebook app) so that we can see which are the most requested. That would probably make it more likely that the top requested songs would get charted.

I don't know if there are firm plans for C3-athon for this coming holiday season, but perhaps your idea would be an interesting way of determining interest in certain songs.  Like...instead of users making "votes", they'd make donation pledges instead.  For example, if somebody does Glenn Frey's "The Heat Is On", I'll donate $20, or something like that.  Maybe other people want this song, too, and would pledge $5 or $1 each or whatever.  You get a tally at the end, and can kinda figure out which songs would (theoretically) bring in the biggest donation values.  Of course, you can't force people to live up to their pledges, but...

#268 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 574 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 08:51 PM

THANK YOU! :D

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - Custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#269 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 259 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 10:01 PM

In case anyone is becoming impatient, Blinded By The Light IS coming soon for an event.

NSW1-6's Customs Thread (RB3/PS)

NSW1-6's Work In Progress Thread

Current Collaboration Projects:

AJFOne23's Zappa Project (WIP)

SEE WIP THREAD

STARBIRD WITH YOUR LIGHT LEAD US ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT

Wakawaka/jawaka 

#270 Dangus

Dangus
  • 340 posts

Posted April 16, 2018 - 11:41 PM

I don't know if there are firm plans for C3-athon for this coming holiday season, but perhaps your idea would be an interesting way of determining interest in certain songs.  Like...instead of users making "votes", they'd make donation pledges instead.  For example, if somebody does Glenn Frey's "The Heat Is On", I'll donate $20, or something like that.  Maybe other people want this song, too, and would pledge $5 or $1 each or whatever.  You get a tally at the end, and can kinda figure out which songs would (theoretically) bring in the biggest donation values.  Of course, you can't force people to live up to their pledges, but...

I would give a donation to see Richard Marx "Right Here Waiting" to be done. What a great idea Sam! :)

#271 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 859 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 12:01 AM

I like that idea.  It can be tough to figure out what people would want to donate for, and still be something you will be able to tolerate listening to 20-30 times, especially if its not something you would normally listen to.

Also on a completely unrelated note - Glenn Frey's "The Heat is On" was originally going to be part of Showdown 80's - the chart is almost finished, just not being actively worked on.  I was thinking about an "Action Movie Soundtrack" pack but I think someone else is doing the movies theme.  Anyhow the song will come out eventually.

MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

FORUM THREAD / WIP THREAD - Updated every Monday

p89ZznR.png

#272 DemonUnicorns

DemonUnicorns
  • 714 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 01:36 AM

That's fair.

Thanks for unlocking.

#273 ClubSteve

ClubSteve
  • 66 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 03:20 AM

I like that idea.  It can be tough to figure out what people would want to donate for, and still be something you will be able to tolerate listening to 20-30 times, especially if its not something you would normally listen to.

Also on a completely unrelated note - Glenn Frey's "The Heat is On" was originally going to be part of Showdown 80's - the chart is almost finished, just not being actively worked on.  I was thinking about an "Action Movie Soundtrack" pack but I think someone else is doing the movies theme.  Anyhow the song will come out eventually.

i like this idea too......by popular demand, i guess you could say.

#274 Maulrock

Maulrock
  • 55 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 03:41 PM

Sorry, been a long time since I posted. Been crazy busy, and I also realize I am way late on this thread. If there was a song that I'm surprised is not in RB yet it would be Kid Rock - Bull God. Tons of other songs I could request. But that's the surprising one to me. It would be perfect for Canada's July 1st this year being that Cannabis will be legal.

#275 ClubSteve

ClubSteve
  • 66 posts

Posted April 18, 2018 - 04:00 AM

Sorry, been a long time since I posted. Been crazy busy, and I also realize I am way late on this thread. If there was a song that I'm surprised is not in RB yet it would be Kid Rock - Bull God. Tons of other songs I could request. But that's the surprising one to me. It would be perfect for Canada's July 1st this year being that Cannabis will be legal.

someone just did some kid rock songs recently, so maybe soon.....

#276 FilmFan41

FilmFan41
  • 1 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 07:10 PM

Came looking for "How much more" by the Go-Go's which I think is a great song, with what feels like an AWESOME drum challenge, to which I might aspire.

BUT...

Got caught up in Blinded by the light. Manfredd Manns' version. Will seek it.

#277 ClubSteve

ClubSteve
  • 66 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 11:45 PM

Came looking for "How much more" by the Go-Go's which I think is a great song, with what feels like an AWESOME drum challenge, to which I might aspire.

BUT...

Got caught up in Blinded by the light. Manfredd Manns' version. Will seek it.

blinded by the light has been long awaited....looking forward to that one.

#278 VGHS_Rhythm_Gaming_Dept.

VGHS_Rhythm_Gaming_Dept.
  • 6 posts

Posted April 21, 2018 - 04:07 AM

"Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver

Please make. 

#279 T3HM3T4L

T3HM3T4L
  • 59 posts

Posted April 21, 2018 - 06:32 AM

"Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver
Please make.