"No songs by [obscure band]!?" - Atruejedi's Eclectic Requests - Now Recruiting! (updated 1/15/18)

#operation-ivy #guster #blitzentrapper #julytalk #theinterrupters #dawes #theroots #thewombats #thevaccines

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 326 posts

Posted January 16, 2018 - 05:35 AM

Wishlist Entry - Official DLC and customs already available

Kasabian

kasabian-730x490.jpg

Songs planned or already in the works:

None

Background: How does one categorize Kasabian? Alternative rock? Punk? Psychedelia? Trance? Whatever they are, I love them. While the two Harmonix-released songs are Obvious Choice caliber, the customs in the database, while no doubt good tunes, are really surprising choices when there are so many other songs that are better known (if not simply better, too). Like what? Like these. Below are the songs for which I'm actively searching for collaborators. If you are interested in contributing anything but vocals, contact me. With a significant six albums under their belts, I've had to leave off many tracks that would be great to chart, but these are some of my favorites.

The Confidence Builder:

Days Are Forgotten

Album: Velociraptor!  (2011)

You say I'm old hat

A fuckin' dirty rat
Call me a cliché

How right you are

The word swagger comes to mind when I hear this song. You've gotta have confidence to open a track with vocals like that. I have fond memories of singing along during the chorus when seeing them in 2012. So much energy... almost ritualistic and tribal.

Vocals: Aggressive talk-singing? Check. Soaring chorus? Check. Screeching eagles and monkey brains? Check.

Guitar: Full of swagger. Hope those fingers are limber. C-c-c-combo breaker.

Bass: Standard stuff.

Drums: Solid.

Keys: Something is probably going on here, but I'm unsure.

Miscellaneous: Gosh, even I have no interest in charting whatever ...singing that is as the song fades out.

The Punk in Disguise:

Where Did All the Love Go?

Album: West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum (2009)

The rivers on the pavement are flowing now with blood
The children of the future are drowning in the flood

My favorite song from my favorite album. Punk lyrics in psychedelic rock. Awesome.

Vocals: I love punk music, so the lyrics are the star for me with this one. But I do enjoy the melody and backing vocals very much.

Guitar: Sparse.

Bass: Subtle but very interesting! I'd love to play this.

Drums: A workout. And some bongos.

Keys: The strings are the stand-out instrument here. Angelic.

Miscellaneous: Abrupt ending which sounds cut off, even though it actually doesn't transition into the next track. Is it possible to chart jawbone?

The Fan Favorite:

L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)

Album: Kasabian (2004)

Come on
We got our backs to the wall
Watch out
Before you kill us all

I'm actually shocked this track wasn't official DLC or "at least" released as a custom. The lyrics are somewhat punk and contrast well with the dreamy soundscape. This one is immensely popular with fans, myself included.

Vocals: Primal moaning backing vocals.

Guitar: This is a fairly electronic song, but I think a guitar is making a noise somewhere. I hear it during the chorus, but it's sparse elsewhere.

Bass: Sounds fun to me.

Drums: Standard stuff.

Keys: Something is making a melodic noise that could go here, especially noticeable during the opening and continuing throughout.

Miscellaneous: Abrupt ending.

The Latest and Greatest:

Bless This Acid House

Album: For Crying Out Loud (2017)

You know we change for the better
I said it's easy to remember
All we will ever need is right where we are

Tell me this isn't one of the catchier songs you've heard recently. I can't get the damn thing out of my head. I'm a sucker for positive (but not corny) anthems like this. *swoon*

Vocals: Great group vocals. The star of the show. This would be a blast.

Guitar: I'd say the primary instruments are the vocalists, but the guitar is a close second.

Bass: Standard.

Drums: Keepin' the beat.

Keys: Something fits here. I thought I heard some subtle piano.

Miscellaneous: Crisp ending.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
I can pitch vocals and provide dryvox!
In-Depth Eclectic Requests - Welcome to the underground...
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users