Part Vocals midi to dryvox

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 doa

doa
  • 99 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 10:52 PM

I've been reading through the posts in this forum regarding dryvox and as I understand it I should be able to simply take a copy of my Part Vocals track, remove the text events and then render the track at 16000, mono, 16 bit and use that for the dryvox requirement in Magma.

q6WG9T7.png

I only have 4 notes in my part vocals track so far and the track has been copied and the text events removed.

My render settings are 16000 Hz, Mono and 16 Bit PCM. I think I must be missing something obvious ... 

Thanks for any pointers! 

#2 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 10:56 PM

This way you only get a binary animation, not the best solution probably.

#3 doa

doa
  • 99 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 11:02 PM

Thank you Farottone, I was really hoping not to have to sing along into a mic :o

#4 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 11:17 PM

Use the original audio track as dry track if you don't want to sing, it's better than the rendered MIDI more often than not.

#5 doa

doa
  • 99 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 11:26 PM

Thanks very much, will do! 

#6 spiralshadow123

spiralshadow123
  • 91 posts

Posted July 1, 2017 - 03:32 AM

Personally, I really, really hate all the animation glitches that result from not having a proper dryvox file. I'd offer to record some for you but I'm on a trip right now and don't really have a space to record (won't be back until August). But I'd highly recommend finding someone on the forums who can help you out if you don't want to do it yourself. Or maybe try Farottone's way first (using the song audio) and see if it works. Like he said, don't ever use the MIDI audio, unless you want your vocalist to look like a complete robot. The best option by far is to have someone record their voice. 

Customs | WIPs | Spreadsheet

original customs, 9 contributions, and 15 WIPs

Add me: Xbox - EJtheDJ666 | Switch FC: 7840-5907-4593 | Steam Profile | Twitch

Rivals Crew: Dainty Lil' Beasts

Other Links:

YouTube - custom previewsother stuff

Last.fm - favorite bands, favorite albums

Interesting facts about me:

I have been playing piano my entire life, drums for about 4 years, I have perfect pitch, I'm currently studying Computer Science at Cal State Fullerton, and hope to eventually make a living as an audio engineer/freelance programmer.

#7 raphaelgoulart

raphaelgoulart
  • 24 posts

Posted July 1, 2017 - 01:41 PM

Why not text-to-speech? Sounds dumb, but it's worked once for me (on Erre Som - Dança do Whatsapp), you just have to properly cut and stretch the syllabes to make it fit with the original vox (no need to worry about pitch). It's not perfect, and for the amount of effort required (even if it isn't that much) you could just sing and have similar (if not better) results, even on a bad mic, or just go "the lazy way" and use the original audio track or a blank file, which is what I usually do.

#8 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted July 1, 2017 - 01:53 PM

Why not text-to-speech?

It's not perfect, and for the amount of effort required (even if it isn't that much) you could just sing and have similar (if not better) results.

That's why. ;)

#9 raphaelgoulart

raphaelgoulart
  • 24 posts

Posted July 1, 2017 - 04:20 PM

Well, if he (or anyone else) is willing to have a proper lipsync in game but really doesn't want to sing, then it is a viable option

#10 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted July 1, 2017 - 05:15 PM

Well, if he (or anyone else) is willing to have a proper lipsync in game but really doesn't want to sing, then it is a viable option

If he really does not want to sing he can just not sing and talk in the mic. ;)

#11 raphaelgoulart

raphaelgoulart
  • 24 posts

Posted July 1, 2017 - 06:26 PM

But...but what if he doesn't have a mic? Or lives in a house full of people and and a lot of background noise????
Ok, I'm mostly joking now, as those are unlikely. Just wanted to share the idea that I had and used once (and it worked) since it might be useful for him, or someone browsing the thread.

#12 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 644 posts

Posted July 1, 2017 - 06:48 PM

An out of the box solution - there's a service called Fiverr where you can pay someone $5 to do a small task.  If you look on the site, there are professional voice over artists and professional singers who will do stuff like sing Happy Birthday.  You could probably pay them to sing the dryvox.

-= My Profile =-    -= My Customs =-

#13 ejthedj

ejthedj
  • 37 posts

Posted December 7, 2017 - 04:14 PM

An out of the box solution - there's a service called Fiverr where you can pay someone $5 to do a small task.  If you look on the site, there are professional voice over artists and professional singers who will do stuff like sing Happy Birthday.  You could probably pay them to sing the dryvox.

I'm up for that :) I record dryvox all the time.  Feel free to PM me if anyone would like me to whip up some dryvox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users