Gorillaz Pack 02 is out now!

Gorillaz Humanz Demon Days D sides damon albarn blur pack

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 petergaveglia

petergaveglia
  • 117 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 07:36 PM

Me and BattlePenguin have collaborated to make....

GORILLAZ PACK 02 !!!

Over the past few months, we have made a few custom Gorillaz songs for Rock Band 3!

Announcing Gorillaz Pack 02, the tracks are:

2yROGZz.jpgOmg90lC.jpgfdYYc6h.jpggIgo7Oo.jpgmkQxj99.jpgDALZhmp.jpgRBQilwv.jpg

You could watch the awesome trailer to the pack right here:

All of these tracks are Full Band, excluding Saturnz Barz, which doesn't have a guitar part, and 68 State, which does not have vocals. 
All tracks also have harmony parts when needed, and all have practice sessions charted and some very nice effects during the songs!

Although we both worked on it, I want to give a very special thanks to BattlePenguin, who made this project as best as possible!

The pack has been worked on for a pretty long time, we wanted to make sure it was made to perfection!
We hope you all enjoy it!!  :dance:

Who knows, maybe more Gorillaz may be soon to come  :excited:

#2 Fieldy92

Fieldy92
  • 47 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 07:55 PM

I just about squealed when I saw the Humanz tracks. Thanks so much for these! I can't wait to play them.

#3 TheSheepQueen

TheSheepQueen
  • 641 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:05 PM

Gravity eh eh eh on me, never let ME GOO no no

Gravi-

960.jpg

Sheep sheep I'm a beep

#4 Ronnie_2Chin

Ronnie_2Chin
  • 66 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:11 PM

I...I get to rap as MF DOOM?

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

#5 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 922 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:31 PM

WOW

Just amazing guys, I am really happy to see these, you are a GREAT team.

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#6 bostengaable

bostengaable
  • 260 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:33 PM

Wow, so amazing thanks a lot for this epic project, i will download the entire pack i love gorillaz.

#7 veritasisacerbus

veritasisacerbus
  • 155 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 10:39 PM

FUCK YES thank you so much for Sound Check! and all of it! but mainly sound check! whole pack going to my xbox

#8 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 641 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 11:01 PM

I'll have to check these out soon. I typically go more for Damon Albarn's other projects (solo, Blur, and even The Good, The Bad, and The Queen), but sometimes his Gorillaz stuff really is neat and strikes my fancy. If you're unfamiliar with his solo stuff, it's mostly slow and depressing (which I like and which is not really suited for Rock Band, lolz), but check out the song Mr Tembo. Definitely a jam and so different from Gorillaz.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#9 petergaveglia

petergaveglia
  • 117 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 11:18 PM

I'll have to check these out soon. I typically go more for Damon Albarn's other projects (solo, Blur, and even The Good, The Bad, and The Queen), but sometimes his Gorillaz stuff really is neat and strikes my fancy. If you're unfamiliar with his solo stuff, it's mostly slow and depressing (which I like and which is not really suited for Rock Band, lolz), but check out the song Mr Tembo. Definitely a jam and so different from Gorillaz.

hey man, I'm working on 80's life right now ;). I'm totally familiar with damon's other work (I saw blur in 2015!)

I'm considering maybe working on some Everyday Robots, probably Mr Tembo, The Good the bad and the queen, and the magic whip.

#10 BattlePenguin

BattlePenguin
  • 155 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 11:25 PM

Hope everyone enjoys!

Huge shoutout to petegaveglia, this definitely wouldnt have been possible without him. Most of these songs have no midi or great tabs, so most of this was done by ear. Pete definitely helped with the heavy load of the charting, especially on guitar and keys. We both put in a lot of work and Im very pleased with how they came out, and I'm sure you'll see more work from us in the future.

With the part on mostly being charted by ear... I'm sure there's an error here or there. If you see anything, PM me and I'll be sure to update.

#11 petergaveglia

petergaveglia
  • 117 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hope everyone enjoys!

Huge shoutout to petegaveglia, this definitely wouldnt have been possible without him. Most of these songs have no midi or great tabs, so most of this was done by ear. Pete definitely helped with the heavy load of the charting, especially on guitar and keys. We both put in a lot of work and Im very pleased with how they came out, and I'm sure you'll see more work from us in the future.

With the part on mostly being charted by ear... I'm sure there's an error here or there. If you see anything, PM me and I'll be sure to update.

Definitely. Sure to be some errors, thanks for everything man. Can't wait for more.

#12 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 641 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 12:13 AM

hey man, I'm working on 80's life right now ;).

'80s Life!? Ha! See, to me, that's such a weird song for Rock Band... it's like a doo-wop song! Which is part of why I love Albarn; he's all over the place. But no matter, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it :D . Good thing I don't play drums... ;)

I'm not sure any Good/Bad/Queen songs are "obvious" choices for Rock Band. Some bands and songs just don't translate into fun full band experiences, which is primarily why I play. Unfortunately, the song The Good, The Bad & The Queen (from the band The Good, The Bad & The Queen on the album The Good, The Bad & The Queen... derp) is probably best suited for Rock Band... and over six minutes of insanity (almost seven if you were to include the outro). Effort best spent elsewhere, I'd say.

I'm totally familiar with damon's other work (I saw blur in 2015!)

Jelly. But I saw his old nemesis, Noel Gallagher, in 2015... so we, therefore, should be nemeses! ...Nemesissesses?

I'm considering maybe working on some Everyday Robots, probably Mr Tembo, The Good the bad and the queen, and the magic whip.

Thanks for mentioning The Magic Whip... I forgot all about it! Definitely some good candidates there!

And yeah, Mr Tembo is definitely the obvious candidate. A jolly tune, would be good for parties. Just make sure you don't include the period after Mr in the title if you chart it. Those Brits...

Sorry for hijacking your thread with music nerdom. I'll weigh in on the customs themselves with comments in the database once I try 'em out :)

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#13 petergaveglia

petergaveglia
  • 117 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 12:49 AM

'80s Life!? Ha! See, to me, that's such a weird song for Rock Band... it's like a doo-wop song! Which is part of why I love Albarn; he's all over the place. But no matter, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it :D . Good thing I don't play drums... ;)

I'm not sure any Good/Bad/Queen songs are "obvious" choices for Rock Band. Some bands and songs just don't translate into fun full band experiences, which is primarily why I play. Unfortunately, the song The Good, The Bad & The Queen (from the band The Good, The Bad & The Queen on the album The Good, The Bad & The Queen... derp) is probably best suited for Rock Band... and over six minutes of insanity (almost seven if you were to include the outro). Effort best spent elsewhere, I'd say.

Jelly. But I saw his old nemesis, Noel Gallagher, in 2015... so we, therefore, should be nemeses! ...Nemesissesses?

Thanks for mentioning The Magic Whip... I forgot all about it! Definitely some good candidates there!

And yeah, Mr Tembo is definitely the obvious candidate. A jolly tune, would be good for parties. Just make sure you don't include the period after Mr in the title if you chart it. Those Brits...

Sorry for hijacking your thread with music nerdom. I'll weigh in on the customs themselves with comments in the database once I try 'em out :)

No, I love it. Glad that someone can appreciate all of Albarn's work. 80's Life was one of the first customs I made. 

I was about to go back and work on it after you reminded me. Then

I realized

Half of my customs are deleted

Don't know how, but I lost alot. This includes 80's Life, For Tomorrow (Almost done), and Poison (Rocket Juice and the Moon)

Gosh Darnit.

#14 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 922 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 02:21 AM

That's unfortunate, perhaps try a restore program and see if you can recover them.

I like this one

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  Everything from ABBA to XTC

p89ZznR.png KhDyqmU.png

#15 murlatok

murlatok
  • 144 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 08:05 AM

Since you guys started talking about Damon's recent output, I'd gladly enjoy Lonely Press Play from his solo album and Terracotta Heart from the Magic Whip (my wife likes this song). Two chilling tunes for RB after-parties and hangovers.

and Thanks for Gorillaz stuff!

#16 petergaveglia

petergaveglia
  • 117 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 07:51 PM

Since you guys started talking about Damon's recent output, I'd gladly enjoy Lonely Press Play from his solo album and Terracotta Heart from the Magic Whip (my wife likes this song). Two chilling tunes for RB after-parties and hangovers.

and Thanks for Gorillaz stuff!

Maybe, Lonely press play, Everyday Robots, and Mr Tembo have been my choices, Don't know which I will do first. I haven't decided on a Magic Whip track too, but it would most likely Go Out, My Terracotta Heart, or Pyongyang.

#17 Ixidor

Ixidor
  • 53 posts

Posted July 2, 2017 - 09:35 PM

Really good work done here, nice.

Hoping to see more songs from Gorillaz, like El Mañana, Tomorrow comes today, and more

Keep up the good work!!

#18 BattlePenguin

BattlePenguin
  • 155 posts

Posted July 2, 2017 - 09:45 PM

Preview videos are up. You can see them on the song pages (or on my youtube http://www.youtube.c...r/battlepenguin ). Sadly, you can only see the venue on Saturnz Barz, because the rest had to play on AIM.

Also, we had a mistake where the first version of November Has Come didnt have the pitched vocals for the 2nd harmony. We found out and fixed it, but it wasnt marked as updated. The file should be called novhascomeFINALvox_rb3con.

Thanks for the kind words, and we are already in talks for the next Gorillaz pack ; )

#19 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 405 posts

Posted July 3, 2017 - 03:35 AM

You must've had a heck of a time with Popcaan's lyrics. Props guys, great work.

#20 petergaveglia

petergaveglia
  • 117 posts

Posted July 3, 2017 - 02:17 PM

You must've had a heck of a time with Popcaan's lyrics. Props guys, great work.

Thanks thanks. At least now I know what he's saying. I don't even know what "Woii yah" is lmao.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gorillaz, Humanz, Demon Days, D sides, damon albarn, blur, pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users