RB2: How are tug-of-war sections authored?

rb2 tug of war

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skyweiss

skyweiss
  • 32 posts

Posted June 28, 2017 - 01:14 AM

In tug-of-war in official songs, the playable part flips back and forth between the two players, similar to face-off mode in Guitar Hero. If you play tug-of-war in a custom song, iirc both players just play the entire song start to finish.

How do official songs author the flip-flopping? I'm assuming it's just another marker, like in Guitar Hero, but I wouldn't have any idea what note they're on.

Here's an example of tug-of-war if you don't know what I'm talking about: 

#2 expertwin

expertwin
  • 157 posts

Posted June 28, 2017 - 01:22 AM

Player 1 on 105, Player 2 on 106 for all instruments. This is used in place of phrase markers in vocal charts pre-RB3. These notes appear as black and light blue in the RBN color maps.

#3 VreyIsGrey

VreyIsGrey
  • 224 posts

Posted June 28, 2017 - 10:14 PM

Player 1 on 105, Player 2 on 106 for all instruments. This is used in place of phrase markers in vocal charts pre-RB3. These notes appear as black and light blue in the RBN color maps.

Very useful information. Might keep in mind when authoring customs.

join the space_woosh fanclub
"Vrey's Custom Spreadsheet" - Spreadsheet containing every song I've put out on the database!
"Vrey's WIP Spreadsheet" - Spreadsheet full of every song I'm working on, so you know when I've started!

#4 skyweiss

skyweiss
  • 32 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 09:02 PM

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rb2, tug of war

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users