Using more than 3 mics on RB?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 veritasisacerbus

veritasisacerbus
  • 150 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 05:15 AM

Can you use in any shape or form more than 3 USB microphones for RB? I realize at the most there is only 3 vocal lines charted because of harmonies but is there a way to register a fourth mic just for audio sake?

#2 ROMActually

ROMActually
  • 14 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 06:26 AM

Ujless you're talking about a mic that you would use to chat with other people, then no, it only registers three mics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#3 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 905 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 06:28 AM

Have a look through here, not sure the answer will be there but chances are it is

http://www.docsrockb...0bb8ea551186395

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  Bono

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

#4 MissingElements

MissingElements
  • 471 posts

Posted June 16, 2017 - 06:55 PM

As far as I know, it's impossible to do that, since Rock Band 3 was created from the start to only support 3 microphones. Even if you could hook up a 4th microphone, it wouldn't necessarily work since all songs with full harmonies charted only have 3 lanes of harmonies charted as MIDI tracks. This is like hooking up a second drumset to the same system, it just wouldn't work considering the amount/types of instruments available for Rock Band, and the lanes of MIDI charted in each file. But either way, if somehow there was a way to throw in an extra microphone, that would be dope

I am beginning to work on more customs, with help from fellow users! But I can't make every song I want, hence the reason why I still make song request posts.

Xbox Gamertag: MissingElements

Check out my music!

Missing Elements: Bandcamp, Soundcloud, YouTube

Nightwalker: Bandcamp, Soundcloud, YouTube

Sericuck (not 100% music): Soundcloud, YouTube

- (MDCJ Bandcamp)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users