R.I.P. Chris Cornell 1964-2017

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ZhangLu

ZhangLu
  • 6 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 02:42 AM

This news is so devastating...one the most talented vocal artists on earth, gone far too early.

#22 MidnightRambler67

MidnightRambler67
  • 122 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 07:52 AM

a fantastic artist such a voice   R.I.P  Chris   

#23 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,261 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted May 19, 2017 - 12:25 PM

Horrible news and situation.  I feel very badly for his family and friends.

Such an incredible talent.

#24 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,358 posts

Posted May 28, 2017 - 07:46 AM

Q4hQzaz.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Puppetz

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

“Face Pollution” is a brief, angular heavy metal assault that is extremely catchy, fast (*drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!! *drum roll* FACE PO–LU–TION!!), and has a lot energy.

oRBN8WD.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS/VOCALSColonel 32dll

DRUM ANIMATIONSMrBurpler

Cornell had a specific death in mind when he wrote the seven-minute coda of "Superunknown." "I was writing the music to that in may basement when I heard this loud thump from above," Cornell told Melody Maker in 1994. "When I got to the door, there was this beautiful female robin writhing on the ground. She'd broken her neck flying into the window. It was obviously broken, flipped back…"  Cameron's drums start out front, marking time, bass is next, growling, cresting guitars follow, finally Cornell comes in with a steady tenor, singing, "dazed out in a garden bed with a broken neck lays my broken gift." Thayil and his ax go on full attack from there. Later, as the music swirls, he sings, "She lived like a murder but she died / just like suicide."

UPDATE note: if you already DL'ed the old version, this one will not replace it. Please delete the old one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users