TheFrisk's Customs: "Somewhere to Hide" by Shiny Toy Guns! (12/7)

TheFrisk AFI Customs

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Dangus

Dangus
  • 195 posts

Posted June 15, 2017 - 07:34 AM

Thank you so much for those!

:rock:  :shobon:

#22 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted June 21, 2017 - 07:40 PM

Two new songs this week, and an update to an older one!

So, it's worth noting a few things with Day and Night.

Day and Night was an old RBN track I was working on that never made it outside of internal testing a couple years back. 

CAT reductions on drums and keys aside, this chart is exactly as-is from years ago when it was in internal testing, barring any minor changes needed to get it built. I never got around to charting the vox before we closed up shop, so this chart is without vox entirely. I also never got around to finishing the keys chart, so there’s a small gap in the breakdown that’s not charted (about 20 seconds or so and it’s mostly just sustains from a synthpad). Eventually I’ll update this and fix these issues, but for now it’s entirely playable and fun with what's present.

I did get approval from above on posting this, so if anybody is interested in seeing more of these unreleased RBN tracks, I have a handful of tracks I was in the midst of authoring before we closed up shop. I can make and post a list of what I’ve got, along with what instruments are charted, and I’ll upload anything people are interested in. 

#23 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 06:36 AM

Two new songs so soon!

#24 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 08:15 AM

Back when you could purchase RBN songs off of xboxlive.com before they actually made it on the official game store The Ivory Tower was a song that was available for a brief moment.  I have a friend who actually purchased it.  This is one of the few lost RBN songs that I have been waiting to find for some time.  Thanks!

#25 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 08:23 AM

Oh crap, I thought that was "The Lost Boys" that made it to the store briefly (it's been forever since then and I have more revisions for Ivory Tower than Lost Boys). Hopefully that isn't going to be an issue having this up here. For any mods who may see this: to my knowledge, nobody was compensated for that brief time it was up (I know I wasn't), and the chart is wildly different now than it was then. 

Also, in case anybody was interested in more of these RBN songs that never happened, here's a list of what I've got, what's charted instrument-wise (so far, some are incomplete), and links to the songs on youtube to preview:

Chris Lee - Boss (D|B|G)
Shouting Signals - 140 (D|B|G|V)

#26 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 25, 2017 - 08:33 AM

The Ivory Tower never made it to the official store but rather got pulled after a few hours being on xbox.com so I don't see you violating any rules to share it here.

#27 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 2, 2017 - 07:03 AM

Another new release, another classic from AFI. Like "Highschool Football Hero", this was done in collaboration with Sideshow, who was wonderful and charted the drums and vocals/harms! Thanks Sideshow! :)

#28 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 4, 2017 - 04:31 AM

Update time! This week, it's a 3-pack of Pop artists, each of a different flavor!

#29 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 11, 2017 - 01:30 AM

You guys asked for it, so you guys got it. More Pvris this week!

Also, some news regarding releases. I might be biting off more than I can chew, but I'm planning on doing releases every Tuesday or so. It'll be at least one song a week, but I think it'll be fun (and doable) to have some sort of schedule. So, for next week, expect some more Pvris!!

#30 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 14, 2017 - 09:36 PM

New release! Hopefully there's people out there who were wanting more Lights!

If there's a demand, I'll do more Lights. When I found these multitracks, I also found a set for Banner, Toes, and Everybody Breaks a Glass, so I'd work through those next if people wanted.

I mentioned wanting to do planned releases and was going to hold this off until Monday with another track, but I only had the space on C3U to upload one track. Figured it's better to have an early release than a late one, so I'm putting it out now. Due to the space issue, the Phase Shift link will have to wait until tomorrow (or whenever the upgrade goes through). 

#31 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 07:16 PM

Another week, another Pvris song. I think this will be the last of theirs I do for a while, so I figured it should be a newer track off their upcoming album. If anybody out there likes to sing, you can thank LykaiosSparks42 for the killer vocals and harmonies!

#32 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 24, 2017 - 06:13 PM

It's Monday, that means it's time for releases!

I wasn't planning on this week being so big, but we've got 7 new tracks! The first three are a couple of emo/pop-punk tracks from bands that I'm sure are favorites around here.

Also, I promised in my WIP thread that I'd work on songs from AFI's Sing the Sorrow next. The song's released today were part of my backlog and had been in progress for a while. The next AFI releases from me will be from StS, so keep an eye out for those in the future!

Tune in next week for a smaller batch, two songs. A hint for each: One of the songs is by an artist who’s already had two tracks as customs (which may or may not have been charted by me), and the other is from a DJ who's had several songs available in DJ Hero and, to my knowledge, no presence in Rock Band, officially or customs-wise. Both are electronic artists/groups.

#33 iammax

iammax
  • 615 posts

Posted July 25, 2017 - 03:10 PM

If you're doing all this AFI, can I req "The Boy who Destroyed the World" and "Totalimmortal"?

#34 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 25, 2017 - 07:53 PM

If you're doing all this AFI, can I req "The Boy who Destroyed the World" and "Totalimmortal"?

You can! I actually started on Totalimmortal a while back, though I never finished it. I was thinking it might be fun to do the whole EP at some point, so I might get around to it sooner than later. 

#35 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 767 posts

Posted July 25, 2017 - 08:11 PM

I +1 Totalimmortal. Either the AFI version or the Offspring cover

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#36 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 09:54 PM

I +1 Totalimmortal. Either the AFI version or the Offspring cover

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It'll be the AFI version. Call me an elitist, but I was never a fan of the Offspring cover

Also, there's been a huge update to a previously released custom:

mXqlCfY.jpg

(Vocals charted by LykaiosSparks42!)

Check out the full changelog by clicking that image! 

#37 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 08:06 PM

Another new week of releases. As I hinted last week, this time it's two electronic songs

Tune in next week for some Falling in Reverse!

#38 Dangus

Dangus
  • 195 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 09:05 PM

Yay more Blaqk Audio! Grabbed it right away!  :rock:

#39 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted August 7, 2017 - 03:03 AM

It's Monday (in about an hour my time), and I'm posting this early since I won't have the time to do it during the day. It's a single from Falling in Reverse, and my favorite of theirs (unpopular opinion, I'm sure)

#40 TheFrisk

TheFrisk
  • 88 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 11:07 PM

The last custom was released a day early, and this one is a day late. Would've released it sooner, but I started a new job yesterday and worked really late, and ended up being scheduled really early this morning, so there was no time until now.

Have you ever wanted to download a virus? Not one of those bad ones, but the fun ones that fall into the House genre, and maybe have a pretty sweet collab with MOTi? Well, now you can! This week's release is:

MeJdAzY.jpg

Vox/Harms and drums courtesy of the ever amazing LykaiosSparks42

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TheFrisk, AFI, Customs

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users