So hi, I've been in the customs scene for a long time now (since GH2 days) and I figured it'd be nice to have a spot for me to release my drum customs other than youtube. Most of them are drums/expert only, although some may have guitar as well. I don't have everything uploaded yet but I'm in the process of doing so (also adding OD to them as well since I usually don't add OD).
About My Charts
I'm very opinionated when it comes to how to chart things. I believe a mix of accuracy and fun is best. If a part can be changed to be more fun without sacrificing too much accuracy, I'm all for it. I'm also a big proponent of this HMX philosophy: "
The general philosophy of Expert Drum authoring is that rhythmically, it is a literal transcription of the actual drum performance."
Anyway, I follow some strict drum guidelines such as:
- Always charting flams as a single 2 pad note (as is standard HMX practice)
- Charting all ghost notes regardless of audibility (as long as it fits an established pattern)
- Not differentiating accented notes from unaccented notes (since they're played on the same drum/cymbal)
- Following the drummer's sticking as closely as possible (did he lead this fill with his left hand? then it should be played similarly)
- Making sure to differentiate toms/cymbals. If the drummer played a left crash and then a right crash, they shouldn't both be charted as G if they're right next to each other.
There's always wiggle room in these situations but it's my general charting philosophy. Most of my charts will only have Expert and won't have any extra polish like character animations or venue work. All of my drums charts WILL include practice sections and 1x/2x versions (currently updating old customs). A lot of my charts use drum transcriptions or live videos as a reference to keep things accurate, but I'm definitely not perfect and make mistakes. If you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that you think something in my chart is wrong, let me know.
I make video previews of all of my customs. A lot of them won't be 100% up to date since I'm going through them all and making tweaks/adding OD, but they're good enough to show you how the song will look.
Conquering Dystopia (full self-titled album!)
Animals as Leaders