C3 files hosted on KeepItFishy are coming down ... Must Read!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 petegaveglia

petegaveglia
  • 100 posts

Posted April 27, 2017 - 09:12 PM

Amazing how you guys got it so fast. If it costs money, is it possible for users to donate?

#22 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 595 posts

Posted April 27, 2017 - 11:27 PM

If it costs money, is it possible for users to donate?

Forum Rules

I know you're trying to help but you really should have another go at the forum rules :)

-= My Profile =-    -= My Customs =-

#23 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,108 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 05:58 PM

The new system is in place and working. Right now it only deals with serving legacy files, which means if you're one of the authors still with access to the old platform to get stats and upload files, you will not have access to that. We are currently assessing the situation and we are not sure we will be able to restore that functionality but don't give up on it yet. ;)

For now, while we change all database links, the old links will serve as placeholders and you will be redirected to the new links. You should also experience a huge leap in downloading performances. We'll keep you posted on the progress of the full migration to the new URLs but for now you can safely use the DB as you did before.

#24 WarSquirtle

WarSquirtle
  • 12 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 07:00 PM

Is this the appropriate place to report link errors? getting a DB error some of the time like this:

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /var/www/html/d/S3.php on line 2352 S3::getObject(c3fileserver, addymilldike/Converts/SpanishFly_rb3con): [NoSuchKey] The specified key does not exist.

from (http://rockbandcusto...d/52cdd65c4e81d)

from (http://customscreato...panish-fly-r560)

#25 WarSquirtle

WarSquirtle
  • 12 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 07:41 PM

That error message about strtotime() is being inserted into some of the downloaded files as well. In this case, the file contents should start with "CON", but instead start like this (pasting with control characters removed), and then continue with the normal file contents:

<!--
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR...nsitional.dtd">
<head>
-->

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /var/www/html/d/S3.php on line 2352

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /var/www/html/d/S3.php on line 2350
CON 

#26 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,108 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 07:47 PM

Looks like "somebody" forgot to suppress notices and warnings... The missing file is because that folder wasn't uploaded for some reason, try again now please.

Edit: nevermind, some more editing needed, hold on...

#27 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,108 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 07:59 PM

Files are coming down corrupted, I know why but it's gonna take a while to fix, so we're back to no working links for now, sorry.

#28 WarSquirtle

WarSquirtle
  • 12 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 09:30 PM

Files are coming down corrupted, I know why but it's gonna take a while to fix, so we're back to no working links for now, sorry.

For me they were all getting corrupted in the exact same way. I was able to find and fix the affected files with this (it removes the 994 bytes of error message from the front of the CON files):

grep -rl -m 1 "It is not safe to rely on the system" . | xargs -I {} dd bs=994 skip=1 if={} of=/fixed/{}

#29 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,327 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 10:34 PM

So at the moment, anyone who could upload via FTP before can't now? I need that access since I managed all the Wii downloads. Plus I have various tools on there.

#30 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,741 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 10:45 PM

Of course not. All of that was through my GoDaddy account. All those files are gone from my account. That's why I gave several days notice before removing them. You'll have to wait for farottone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#31 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,327 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 04:01 AM

Right, which is why I downloaded them all the day before. But once everything is set up, will I be able to manage those uploads again?

#32 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,108 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 01:59 PM

We shold be finally there. In 10/15 minutes all files should be public and accessible. If files are still coming down corrupted please let me know.

#33 beard216

beard216
  • 1,857 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 02:45 PM

We shold be finally there. In 10/15 minutes all files should be public and accessible. If files are still coming down corrupted please let me know.

Retires from charting and then saves C3. We love you Farottone. :D

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

#34 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,108 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 03:15 PM

Tech administration is kinda my job here anyway, but thanks! :)

#35 Bar0nMind

Bar0nMind
  • 4 posts

Posted May 1, 2017 - 02:11 AM

I'm getting linked to a very, very long error page any time I try to download any songs from the database.

Edit: The page says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." and is then followed by a very extensive tree.

#36 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,108 posts

Posted May 1, 2017 - 10:33 AM

Thank you, it's fixed now.

#37 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,327 posts

Posted May 2, 2017 - 02:09 AM

Oh, I thought this would also be the time for the C3 releases to get the PS3 and Wii downloads added in the database.

This one is still not working for me.

#38 alucardla

alucardla
  • 138 posts

Posted May 4, 2017 - 03:18 AM

Hi.

I don't know if it's the right place to ask this question, if not. please someone tell me.

But did someone knows where to find the Beatles Rockband Project customs that were in the old server? I tried the links but they don't work 

and return an error. 

Thanks for any info.

#39 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,741 posts

Posted May 4, 2017 - 04:09 AM

It would be helpful if you were specific. The links DO work. They work just fine for Xbox 360 and PS3. They don't work for Wii. But saying they don't work would make farottone waste his time addressing the Xbox links, since that's what we primarily care about.

Far, it's all issues with the Wii links. Check that out.

#40 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,108 posts

Posted May 4, 2017 - 10:03 AM

Fixed now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users